Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
New Borders Coupon

I just got a new Borders coupon for 40% off....Sooooo, I printed it out and was going back to Borders tomorrow to get another 650....But lo and behold, "Ereaders excluded from this offer !!!" :
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Electronic devices are normally excluded from Borders coupons.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Electronic devices are normally excluded from Borders coupons.
So are ebooks, magazines, audio books and books on sale...Geez, whats the point !!! I guess its a coffee and half the price.... (No cream...!!)
Old 10-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
I just got a new Borders coupon for 40% off....Sooooo, I printed it out and was going back to Borders tomorrow to get another 650....But lo and behold, "Ereaders excluded from this offer !!!" :
Electronics and accessories have always been excluded from Borders Rewards coupons. That's nothing new.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Electronics and accessories have always been excluded from Borders Rewards coupons. That's nothing new.

Anything that is 40% off at Borders is Amazons regular price....
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #6
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I seem to remember a couple years ago that there was a coupon floating around that didn't say anything to exclude the Sony Readers and several people got to take advantage of it. The store managers had to honor it. But it was a mistake and they've never made that mistake again... unfortunately.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Does anyone want it, before it expires...?? I can forward it to you or copy and past it in a private message, I think..

I just looked at the coupon and there is a link to forward it, if anyone wants it....
Old 12-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
jsites
Enthusiast
jsites doesn't litterjsites doesn't litter

Device: Sony Pocket PRS-350 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
audio books and books on sale
<-Borders Employee

This isn't exactly correct. Coupons do work on Audio Books (unless it's a coupon off a specific item, like a coupon for x% off 1 Hardcover book, or 1 DVD, etc.) As long as it's the generic "x% off any 1 item" you can use it on audio books. And by audio books, I mean the books on CD, or those things we had last year that were standalone player devices that came with headphones and the book pre-loaded.

Books on sale work with coupons as well. Just keep in mind that coupons give you x% off the "list price" of the item. So if a new release is on sale for 20% off, and you have a 40% coupon, you would get 40% off the list price of the item instead of 20% off the list price.
jsites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsites View Post
<-Borders Employee

or those things we had last year that were standalone player devices that came with headphones and the book pre-loaded.
Playaway, I believe. I cannot understand why anyone would buy a new player for each book, although I suppose I could understand public libraries offering them as an option.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I seem to remember a couple years ago that there was a coupon floating around that didn't say anything to exclude the Sony Readers and several people got to take advantage of it. The store managers had to honor it. But it was a mistake and they've never made that mistake again... unfortunately.
I remember that; when the 505's were $300 it was a coupon that gave you $100 off (don't remember, but it must have been a 30% or 40% off coupon or something) and it took them a week to realize people were using it to buy readers. I got one like that. Didn't really matter though, within a month they were pushing the 505's out for $200 and moving the new readers in, lol.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
jsites
Enthusiast
jsites doesn't litterjsites doesn't litter

Device: Sony Pocket PRS-350 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
I remember that; when the 505's were $300 it was a coupon that gave you $100 off (don't remember, but it must have been a 30% or 40% off coupon or something) and it took them a week to realize people were using it to buy readers. I got one like that. Didn't really matter though, within a month they were pushing the 505's out for $200 and moving the new readers in, lol.
We had someone come into our store the day that coupon came out, and bought one of the Sonys. Don't remember which version, but I was the one who took the customer. As soon as the manager came up and saw the coupon, he went to the back and printed off a disclaimer sign indicating that the coupon would not be accepted for the items generally not included in coupon offers. The customer who presented this coupon did in fact get her Sony for the coupon price, but that was the only one our store permitted.
jsites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
jashsu
Connoisseur
jashsu doesn't litterjashsu doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I got two PRS-500s very inexpensively this way. Unfortunately like you said they caught on right quickly.
jashsu is offline   Reply With Quote