Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
ewy
Connoisseur
ewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 WiFi
Forum extension: Tapatalk?

Hi there,

one of my gadgets is my ebook reader (Sony PRS 505), of course - otherwise I wouldn't have joined this forum.

Another one I'm using intensively is my Android phone (G1, to be precise). For that one, there's a quite good community established on androidpit.de (German background, but with an international version as well).

Why am I telling this?
I've noticed that MobileRead also does recognize Android based devices (both mobile phones and tablets) as an ebook reader platform as well.
On the website I've mentioned there is a report about a form application for Android: Tapatalk.
(Sorry, the actual app test is in German only.)

From my view it would be really convinient if MobileRead was available on my Android phone as well - I'm using the native AndroidPit app for their blog and forums, which is much more handy than using a mobile browser.

I've read that forum providers need to install an extension to offer this forum via Tapatalk. I don't know if you have any kind of rules or policies for installing 3rd party extensions - and I'm aware that this needs to be checked carefully to avoid security issues. (At least they're handling potential security issues pretty seriously and fast - see forum.)

The extension is free for forum providers and is compatible with vBulletin (and some other forum platforms) - see FAQ. The client also is available for some more mobile phone platforms (iPhone, Blackberry, Nokia).

From my user perspective it would be very nice to read MobileRead on my Android phone easily - and I could imagine there are more "geeks" like me who are using both platforms - maybe even Android phones for reading ebooks - who would appreciate this as well.

So, I wonder if you would consider having a look at Tapatalk and maybe installing it for MobileRead.

Thanks and greetings,

ewy
Old 08-04-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
I use Tapatalk for iPhone for a number of forums...it's great
(http://www.st-owners.com/forums/index.php) these guys use it...
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
I would like to add my vote for this to be added too. Or if not Tapatalk, then Forum Runner or TouchBB.

If this is not an option, can you please tell me if there is a mobile version of the site.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
From Alex T. last July:

Just for reference purpose, in case someone else is also looking for it, the link is: http://www.mobileread.mobi

We will be working on making it more visible among other things.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
AdMan
AdMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I use Tapatalk as well. Are there no plans to add that functionality?
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hi AdMan

Bit of an old thread - but welcome to Mobileread ....
Old 06-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #7
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I searched for this as well. Would love to have mobile read on Tapatalk. Seems kind of strange that a forum about mobile devices doesn't have this. I don't know what forum software mobile read uses as it doesnt seem to say at the bottom of the page as it usually does but it sounds from Tapatalk's description that it's not something that needs to be installed but rather turned on. Hopefully we'll see this in the future.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:07 AM   #8
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
As much as I want tapatalk implemented, mobileread.mobi is pretty good.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #9
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Just did a search to see if tapatalk is available for this forum and I was please to at least find the mobi domain. Thanks for the thread! I look forward to trying out the mobi version when I am on my tablet next!

Although... tapatalk would be amazing.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
I'd second this, too... I just investigated Tapatalk after upgrading my phone. It seems that it is basically voluntary and requires little work other than opting in for the forum owners. I'd love to see this forum there.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
ptomic
ptomic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle PW 1, Kindle PW 3, iphone
Diging this topic from grave.
Any chances to implemebt tapatalk on this forum ?

Thank tou in advance.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #12
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Why don't you check this recently updated thread first? (go directly to post #104)
Old 07-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thanks for that re-direct, Jellby.

This thread is now closed. See the preceding post for the link to the current discussion.
Closed Thread