Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Metadata: author

When i'm entering

Brown, Dan

in the metadata dialog, Sigil is creating

Code:
<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Brown, Dan">Dan Brown</dc:creator>
This makes my Sony 650 make the authorlist sorted by firstname.

When i'm entering

Dan Brown

Sigil is creating

Code:
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">Dan Brown</dc:creator>
which sorts my list by firstname, too

How can i get my list sorted by lastname? I do not want to have an additinal tool fixing that.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
How can i get my list sorted by lastname? I do not want to have an additinal tool fixing that.
Ask Sony to fix their reader and obey the "file-as" attribute.

Other than that, you could edit the OPF file to say:

Code:
<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Brown, Dan">Brown, Dan</dc:creator>
but that's misusing the metadata fields.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
What happens if you do dan, brown?

I have no idea what im talking about though lol.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote