Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #22186
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Blue spring Oolong. I just made bacon and eggs for breakfast with a toasted English muffin. I made extra bacon for turkey sandwiches. The hubby made a practice bird for Thursday so we have a ton of turkey.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #22187
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yum, turkey enchiladas. Leftover turkey is great for that too.

It makes sense that the Day Care would want to make sure that what is served has not been tampered. Safety issues probably.

My cup is empty now, so time to go make some more coffee. It's cold and wet outside. I guess, I need to get household chores done.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #22188
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Peppermint Mochas at Starbucks. Yummy
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #22189
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
In Cairo. Lipton tea and mezze; baba ganoush.
I saw Coptic Cairo today, bazaar, Tahrir square and.....an almost empty beautiful Mseum of archelogy, which is the most beautiful I ever saw. I walk the city on my own and it goes well.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #22190
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
edit; shaky wifi, though.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #22191
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm glad you arrived OK and it sounds like you are already having a great time.

Poached eggs on my plate and some fresh coffee in my cup as I do laundry.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #22192
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Got my mojo working, but it just won't work on you
I wanna love you so bad till I don't know what to do

I'm going down to Louisiana to get me a mojo hand
I'm going down to Louisiana to get me a mojo hand
I'm gonna have all you women right here at my command

I wanna love you so bad till I don't know what to do

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEYwk0bypY )

Good morning, everyone! Sun's up, 2nd day in a row, and I can't decide if I should walk or ride! Yesterday's ride was perfect, but over roads we've ridden before. If I ride today it will be to new areas... Looks good for some Fall foto fun! Big mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea, a mixed greeeeen salad with crab and balsamic vinegar for breakfast, God is in his heaven, and all seems right in this world! The Japanese Maple leaves are almost blood-red in some areas, and so vivid I have to DE-saturate the settings in my cameras!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The hubby made a practice bird for Thursday so we have a ton of turkey.
Two turkeys in the same year? Wow! Two turkeys in a decade would be almost more than I could bear. Other than a big turkey drumstick once every 5-6 years, I can easily do without this bird on my table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I saw Coptic Cairo today, bazaar, Tahrir square and.....an almost empty beautiful Mseum of archelogy, which is the most beautiful I ever saw. I walk the city on my own and it goes well.
Sounds delightful! I wish I could see it all too! Enjoy!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mie12.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	393.2 KB
ID:	96443  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #22193
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
In Cairo. Lipton tea and mezze; baba ganoush.
Have fun. Hope it's warmer than here.

Red wine in my glass. A rather watery little number that I won't be buying again.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #22194
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Vodka and Water with a lemon squeeze.. then I will eat dinner and go to bed and read my book on Kindle or iPad Mini.. <smile>
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #22195
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
mie12.jpg -- too small to see it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

I wish I could see it all too! Enjoy!

Stitchawl
Dang! This quote won't embed the picture! I love that mie12.jpg. I'd like it on my wall at about 3 feet by 2 feet. And a wall big enough for a picture that size...

That is one gorgeous picture, Stitchawl. Thanks for sharing.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #22196
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Finally sitting down again! I went to the opposite side (from my usual hangout on the eastern side. Today was the western mountains called 'Arashiyama,) of Kyoto today to look for red and yellow trees... I took over 400 photographs.... I guess you could say I found some.

Now sitting down with a mug of Keemun tea and dumping my memory cards into the computer to see if any of the photos are worth keeping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Dang! This quote won't embed the picture! I love that mie12.jpg. I'd like it on my wall at about 3 feet by 2 feet. And a wall big enough for a picture that size...
If you do find a wall, and need a higher resolution copy of the photo to blow up into a poster, just let me know. The ones I post here are only 72dpi and 6" high to save bandwidth.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #22197
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Still doing laundry and now with cold coffee in my cup.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #22198
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
chai latte while I catch up on emails
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #22199
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
If you do find a wall, and need a higher resolution copy of the photo to blow up into a poster, just let me know. The ones I post here are only 72dpi and 6" high to save bandwidth.
How about a version with good enough resolution for a screen saver? I love the one I currently have (a picture that Javed posted some time ago), but this would make an excellent alternative.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #22200
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Black coffee in my cup. It's early but I went to bed at some ridiculously early time last night. We had visitation (I suppose called a "wake" in some circles) last night for my mother, and the funeral is today. All of the family finally got here - my nephew and his wife returned from Thailand yesterday afternoon. We had a lot of talking and laughing and eating, and it struck us how much Mom would have enjoyed it.

I'm coping well, I think, but I'm TIRED. For months I've slept lightly, and not very well, listening out for Mom. It seems like since she's been gone I just lose consciousness at night, and sleep very deeply. I hope I catch up on my sleep soon, because I feel ridiculous yawning at 7 p.m.! Anyway, a tough day today, I think. And then more sleep.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?