Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
karljs
karljs has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Forma
Unhappy Formatting bug in mobicreator?

Hi all,
I'm working on creating a PRC version of Joyce's Dubliners which has several sections of verse interspersed with sections of regular text. I carefully sectioned off all the verse in BookDesigner and generated the HTML to use with Mobicreator.

I double checked the HTML file imported into Mobicreator as well as the one spit out and both looked correct. After generating the PRC file, however, the verse section starts in the right place but continues uninterrupted all the way until the end of the book, ignoring the remaining starts and stops.

This is exceptionally weird because there is a bigger section of verse in a previous chapter which works fine. I've checked all the HTML tags again and again and so I can only imagine that this must be a bug in Mobicreator.

I've attached both the HTML file (zipped) and the PRC file so you can see for yourself what I mean. The problem is midway through the very last chapter.

Help!
Attached Files
File Type: prc dubliners.prc (258.1 KB, 1599 views)
File Type: zip dubliners.zip (135.3 KB, 282 views)
karljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What about generating the PRC with BookDesigner since you're using it already. Does that do it correctly?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Put the </DIV> command before the </font></I> commands. For example, in the last chapter you have:

Code:
<SPAN id=verse><I><FONT color=#3d00b9><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;For they are jolly gay fellows,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;For they are jolly gay fellows,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Which nobody can deny.</FONT></I>
</SPAN>
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Aunt Kate was making frank use of her handkerchief and even Aunt Julia seemed moved. Freddy Malins beat time with his pudding-fork and the singers turned towards one another, as if in melodious conference, while they sang with emphasis:</DIV>
You should have:
Code:
<SPAN id=verse><I><FONT color=#3d00b9><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;For they are jolly gay fellows,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Which nobody can deny.</DIV></FONT></I></SPAN>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Aunt Kate was making frank use of her handkerchief and even Aunt Julia seemed moved. Freddy Malins beat time with his pudding-fork and the singers turned towards one another, as if in melodious conference, while they sang with emphasis:</DIV>
Let me know if it fixes it.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
karljs
karljs has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Forma
Thanks Over, that solved it!

I'll add my work to the ebook database in just a few minutes.
karljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
You're welcome

And thank you for your contribution to our MR library
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Always use the "HTML Fragment Editor" tool in BD before exporting your book. It will check and warn you about incorrectly nested tags, such as this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote