Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #16
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Ahhh... that brings back memories... where's the painkillers gone?
BAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:

Just make sure you're sitting safely... here y'go
Whheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

(Warning to those considering following my sterling example: don't just strap yourself into your chair. Chairs with wheels on may go whizzing round the room as you drink this, which in most households would just cause you to confuse a cat or two. But at work, it seems to cause some consternation, and new paragraphs in the Code of Conduct...)
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Whheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

(Warning to those considering following my sterling example: don't just strap yourself into your chair. Chairs with wheels on may go whizzing round the room as you drink this, which in most households would just cause you to confuse a cat or two. But at work, it seems to cause some consternation, and new paragraphs in the Code of Conduct...)
Definitely following your example as soon as poss - I need to worry the ealthnsafety types at work
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #18
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Definitely following your example as soon as poss - I need to worry the ealthnsafety types at work
Oh, look at this, I musta REALLY worried them...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zcd_warning.png
Views:	129
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	40869  
Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #19
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
What Time Is It (Spin Doctors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Would you like another?
Yesh, pleass.

Hey, I just noticed by your Avatar, that it is quarter after twenty til 12. Iss that AM or FM?
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #20
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just noticed.. my chair must have flannen over, and I cann ed get up. CAn somone either help me unhook ht e safety harness or get me a longer strwa? Oh, and BTW, that waitress may be more than she portends... the view from down here is not what it used to be. Portender! Another drink!
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #21
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvisconte View Post
Yesh, pleass.

Hey, I just noticed by your Avatar, that it is quarter after twenty til 12. Iss that AM or FM?
My clock always displays eleventy PM (Pinwheel Moment).
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #22
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The CEO of Montsnmags Enterprises (myself) and his Executive In Charge Of Competition And Hostile Monopolisation (i.e. Adrian) would like to know, while they are currently drafting their daily instructional orders to the retained (and momentarily restrained) Pirate Ninja Squirrel Militant Consultancy, whether this so-called "bar" is being constructed in a manner that may impinge on its own Public Über-Beverage Supply And Services Establishment (Adrian's Bar) and Polythematic Panchronologic Entertainment Facilities (Chateau Pompette).

If it is not, they are then wondering why they have not been invited, and fully intend to sulk in as melodramatic a fashion as is possible.

Cheers,
Marc (we were going to bring a couple of slabs of ZCD Concentrate too ~sulk~)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #23
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
The CEO of Montsnmags Enterprises (myself) and his Executive In Charge Of Competition And Hostile Monopolisation (i.e. Adrian) would like to know, while they are currently drafting their daily instructional orders to the retained (and momentarily restrained) Pirate Ninja Squirrel Militant Consultancy, whether this so-called "bar" is being constructed in a manner that may impinge on its own Public Über-Beverage Supply And Services Establishment (Adrian's Bar) and Polythematic Panchronologic Entertainment Facilities (Chateau Pompette).

If it is not, they are then wondering why they have not been invited, and fully intend to sulk in as melodramatic a fashion as is possible.

Cheers,
Huh, I thought Am'd just nicked the ZCD mix while Adrian's back was turned...

Although I'm still trying to work out how she'd know his back was turned
Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #24
nomesque

Quote:
I just noticed.. my chair must have flannen over, and I cann ed get up. CAn somone either help me unhook ht e safety harness or get me a longer strwa? Oh, and BTW, that waitress may be more than she portends... the view from down here is not what it used to be. Portender! Another drink!

Pizza!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:04 AM   #25
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:

Cheers,
Wow - mvisconte, I believe you just made Adrian nervous. I'm not sure what I should do:

- congratulate you
- hide you under my desk
- get the hell out of here
- all of the above?

Anyway... anybody got something for me to drink? Anything will do, as long as it has nice colors and sparkles a bit. And knocks me down to Thursday, or Saturday would be nice.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:47 AM   #26
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
'struth, I wouldn't like that. As you like it, an Avatar. From "The Last Bender, in Which Our Hero Doth Persuade the Damsel Who Protest'th Too Much to 'Lighten Ye Opp, for I be'th Ye Cat's Me-OW!' ".

A comedy in two parts. The party of the first part being a party. The part of the second part, being "Ye Morning After", and "The Awkwardness at Taking Ye Leave".

I usually don't date outside my species, but that's what happens on a dronk. 'Sides, she's HOTT.

No, really. Lady Lissabeth Delmarko Plum Hott. Family name. You should see her mother. Rrowr!

No, Really. Her mom's a cat.

I think her dad's a smurf, but I was a little too busy to get all of de tails.
wow! you literally went and got Avatar! now it only all men were so hastily compliant to requests! do you give classes? training seminars?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #27
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Huh, I thought Am'd just nicked the ZCD mix while Adrian's back was turned...

Quote:
Although I'm still trying to work out how she'd know his back was turned
Briefly flash a banana in the general direction you think an invisible might be in. If it doesn't get grabbed, he's either not there or his back's turned.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #28
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:

Briefly flash a banana in the general direction you think an invisible might be in. If it doesn't get grabbed, he's either not there or his back's turned.
Usually I just get arrested when I "flash the banana"...
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:48 AM   #29
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ok we need a head hits keyboard or spitting fluids onto the keyboard emoticon after that one
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #30
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng

Quote:

Cheers,
Um... this is about payoffs, isn't it. First, this is a non-profit organization (we intend on drinking quite a bit, and between the shoddy bookkeeping and the fact a "profits" is a rather slippery concept...) Anyway. So. How much to get the Pirate Ninja Squirrel Militant Consultants to.. um, look the other way for a while...

Oh, wait. That was rather direct. Hey! How would you like a sizable contribution to your favorite charity!?

Aw, who am I kidding. We're broke, and we're gonna be broker by the time the bar is built. Here's the deal. All you can drink, bring friends, try not a spill anything. Woohoo.

Tags
pshrync, zelda