Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
abyphil
abyphil began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Device not responding

Two weeks into buying PRS 600, my reader fails to respond. The screen shows a list of books, but does not respond to any touch gestures. The power switch does not respond too. The LED was flashing yellow light for a day but has stopped since.

In some threads i have noticed the recommendation was to turn off the reader before a soft / hard reset. However, since the power switch is not responding (the screen does not turn blank), i am not sure how i should proceed. Any comments?

I remember reading somewhere that the PSP charger works for Sony reader too. Can some body confirm this too please?

thanks
Aby Philip
abyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
FragFrog
Connoisseur
FragFrog began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
To my knowledge, the screen will stay on a certain page if it "crashes" on it. Maybe it simply ran out of juice? Plugging it into the computer should bring some live back into it, and if even that fails you can always try a hard reset I suppose, that worked for me when mine crashed
FragFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by abyphil View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the PSP charger works for Sony reader too. Can some body confirm this too please?
Aby Philip
Yes, the PSP charger will work with the Sony Readers.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I suspect that a recharge of the battery will fix it.

Good luck!
dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Euroboy
Connoisseur
Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Euroboy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle2 Intl.
Or presing the reset switch?
Euroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
abyphil
abyphil began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
I got hold of a PSP charger and after charging with it, the problem got fixed. I didn't have to reset too.
Earlier, even after charging via the the USB, the device was not responding.

Thanks for every one for the responses.
abyphil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power cord, prs 600, reset