Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-31-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
Ireadfreely
Ireadfreely began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Used Calibre. Now What?

I used mobidedrm and I was successful. I have a drm free prc which I just converted with calibre. I have two files now. A LRF and a PRC.

What do I do now in order to get it onto my iphone.
Ireadfreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you need to convert to epub. click the hammer next to the search bar and set output format to epub. once you have an epub feel you can send it to your iphone in may ways, hopefully someone with an iphone will chime in
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireadfreely View Post
I used mobidedrm and I was successful. I have a drm free prc which I just converted with calibre. I have two files now. A LRF and a PRC.

What do I do now in order to get it onto my iphone.
If you download Stanza for your iPhone from the App Store and Stanza for your PC (free beta) from lexcycle.com. Open the PRC in stanza on your PC... then go into the Stanza library on your iPhone and you should see a d/l link (i foget exactally what it looks like) it will show the name of your PC. One your PC you will see a request to authorzie the iPhone. Once you have oked the iPhone to access your desktop the iPhone will list all the ebooks that you have open in Stanza. Just select one and click download.

Viola

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
If you have access to a web server you can access your calibre library using a perl or python script available in one of the sticky posts in this forum. If not you can wait for the next version of calibre to be released which will be able to serve a stanza feed right from the machine its running on. Check the sticky for more details.

Cheers,
Crazy
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Ireadfreely

I converted to epub with Calibre and inserted it into stanza. Still no pictures.??
Advert
Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I converted to epub with Calibre and inserted it into stanza. Still no pictures.??
Stanza does not support images.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #7
Ireadfreely

What can I do now? Can I convert the epub to a PDF?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
What can I do now? Can I convert the epub to a PDF?
Are the pics that important? What type of book is this?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You don't want PDF. Trust me on this. Another option is to convert it into an eReader format eBook and get the eReader app. That or you can put it up as HTML on somne site and browse to it to get the images.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #10
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Rating Field Request Under Edit Meta Information Window

edited: whoops

Last edited by RoninTech; 11-03-2008 at 07:23 PM. Reason: wrong thread, sorry
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #11
Ireadfreely

pictures are very important. It is a workout book. Paid 35$ for it too.

"You don't want PDF. Trust me on this. Another option is to convert it into an eReader format eBook and get the eReader app. That or you can put it up as HTML on somne site and browse to it to get the images."

How do i Do this.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:18 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
pictures are very important. It is a workout book. Paid 35$ for it too.

"You don't want PDF. Trust me on this. Another option is to convert it into an eReader format eBook and get the eReader app. That or you can put it up as HTML on somne site and browse to it to get the images."

How do i Do this.
You could take the DRM free PRC and convert it to HTML using mobi2oeb and then into ePub using html2epub and using Stanza on the iPhone read it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You could take the DRM free PRC and convert it to HTML using mobi2oeb and then into ePub using html2epub and using Stanza on the iPhone read it.
Better to just use any2epub
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote