Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
jojoax
jojoax began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
suggestion: optionally call an editor during convert ?

Hi!
this is my first try to contribute an idea.
Calibre is a very nice tool, with we often use.

During convert and using complex regex to fix some broken stuff in eBooks, I'm missing a little thing.

Using the 3 Regex Pharases is very nice to fix small things within an broken or messed up eBook. But it's sometimes little bit complex to find the hook, what's wrong and how to fix.

So - I think, it might an good idea, to be able to call an external $EDITOR optionally.
The personal defined Editor may configured by $env/EDITOR or from an field within $CONFIG dialogue, to open the nearly ready processed stuff.

I'd think, just before the new format, just before the eBook is packed towards the new format.

So $Human would be able to do last corrections.

My idea was grown, during fixing a few of my favorite eBooks, because 3 regex phrases are sometimes somewhat too less.
So I called convert-convert-convert ...

Why not call an nice texteditor (i.e. kate, or Notepad++ in Win, or LibreOffice, or whatever) with the las preprocessed file ?

Bye from much too cold nothern Germany
Jojo
jojoax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Before posting to forums, it is best to read the Sticky posts. The Development forum has a 'for code Development only' sticky

Suggestions for additions/improvements, may be submitted via the Bug Tracker.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the next release you will be able to use any number of regexes. And if you want to edit the file using an editor, use the Tweak book feature in calibre after converting to epub or HTMLZ.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert-process, editor