Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
fenuks
Enthusiast
fenuks began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
StorePlugin questions

Hello. I have few questions about StorePlugins.
First of all, is there documentation for this kind of plugins? I can't find any. I want write plugin to page which use author and title to search book. Both are necessary. I know that query can looks like that 'author:Herman Melville title:Moby Dick' but how can I get this detailed information in my plugin? Is this used only for removing not well matched books from results list? If so, are there any plans to add author and title to search() function as optional arguments? This should solve all my problems and allow improve searching in many other plugins. I think its worth consider.
fenuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The author and title filters are only used to filter results in the results window. There is no way to specify to a store plugin. specific attributes such as author or title. The query string is given to the plugin with attribute filters removed.

The vast majority of stores do not make a distinction when searching or support differentiating between attributes. This is a very poor way to implement searching. Since most stores don't support it, it's a bad design, and it makes it confusing for users the store plugin API does not support this.

What you need to do is run the search in your plugin multiple times for author and title. Then collect the results and pass the appropriate ones along.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
fenuks
Enthusiast
fenuks began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
What you need to do is run the search in your plugin multiple times for author and title. Then collect the results and pass the appropriate ones along.
Good idea. I will do that. Thanks.
fenuks is offline   Reply With Quote