Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 02:59 AM   #646
AlphaT
AlphaT began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm not see a problem with 1.4.8. But, is that the complete error? There should be a "Details" button to show more info on the error and a "copy" button to copy the error to the clipboard. Using the latter is the best way to get the full details of the error.

And as theducks suggested, with the recent changes, redoing the configuration might fix things.
Hi, yes that's the complete error. I've tried resetting the configuration and even removing the plugin and re-installing, but I'm still getting the same error.
AlphaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:41 AM   #647
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaT View Post
Hi, yes that's the complete error. I've tried resetting the configuration and even removing the plugin and re-installing, but I'm still getting the same error.
Can you run in debug mode and post the log? To do this, start calibre, right-click on the preferences button and select "Restart in debug mode". Calibre will restart and display a prompt about the debug log. Try counting pages. After the error, close calibre. After calibre closes, the log will be displayed. Post the complete contents of the log. Hopefully we'll be able to see what is going wrong from that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #648
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaT View Post
Just a note:
Removing any Plugin (or Calibre, itself) does not remove any settings.
To remove settings, you must go into the configuration folder and do the surgery there (just blowing away that folder would wipe all settings )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #649
AlphaT
AlphaT began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Thanks both for your help.

As I was following David's instructions I noticed my antivirus pop-up. It appears Bitdefender was blocking Calibre from accessing the net. It appears they've added a new exclusion rule which coincided with me updating Calibre.

Last edited by AlphaT; 08-20-2014 at 02:56 PM.
AlphaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:14 AM   #650
exile2
exile2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
No custom columns

Hi all,

I'm on Windows 8.1 64bit Professional here and I have a problem with Count Pages (1.6.8) in Calibre 1.48 64bit:

It's not possible for me to create a custom column so I don't get the plugin to work. If I click on the button CUSTOM COLUMN a blue rectangle appears but there's no way to write anything into it.

If I try to clear the code in VIEW LIBRARY SETTINGS it doesn't take the changes.

For me it seems there is no write permission. I checked the attributes in the plugin folder but there's only set the a-attribute so writing should work.

Does anyone have an idea?

PS:
Going to preferences, only this window appears:

Last edited by exile2; 08-21-2014 at 06:28 AM.
exile2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #651
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The dialog lists all existing custom columns that have the correct type. You have to create them elsewhere. There are instructions in the first post on what is needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #652
exile2

Among others the installation instruction says:

Quote:
Creating a Count Custom Column:

Follow these instructions to configure a page count column as per screenshot 3 below. Perform similar steps for a word count column.
Spoiler:
Add a custom column with Preferences->Add your own columns.
My problem is that the following menu doesn't appear when I go to PREFERENCES - there's no "Add your own columns":

Old 08-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #653
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
That dialog is not in the plugin; it's built into Calibre:

Preferences (in Calibre's menu/toolbar) -> Change Calibre Behavior -> Add your own columns -> Green Plus button.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #654
exile2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
That dialog is not in the plugin; it's built into Calibre:

Preferences (in Calibre's menu/toolbar) -> Change Calibre Behavior -> Add your own columns -> Green Plus button.
That works!
Old 08-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #655
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Glad to be of service. Hmmmmz....

Spoiler:

Durned Hitchhiker's Guide BBC Hearplay...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #656
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
ETA, After I posted below, I rebooted, deleted the book and re-added it. Page count now works fine on it. Sorry to jump the gun, it was just so strange that this happened right after the new version of Calibre came out. I did however keep Calibre at old version in case that helps someone else.

Disregard my initial post below.

I've never had a problem with this plug in before, but here's error I got today:

Quote:
Count Page/Word Statistics
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 9439 (Young Annabelle Series: Young Annabelle, the Truth About James, What My Heart Wants)
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on C:\Users\Mom\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_s8aiyd\vue zy8_count_pages\9439.epub
Cannot read pages due to DRM Encryption
I uninstalled Calibre 2.0 and went back to 1.48, but still getting error. I'm pretty tech challenged. Not sure what else to do?

ETA: yes, I have the Alf's plugins, have had them for a long time and haven't done anything other than update Calibre when prompted.

Last edited by Blue2u; 08-23-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #657
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
For those who want page counts similar to paperback novels

Preface: I love the Count Pages Plug-in and use it mainly for the words count.
I needed a page count that matches my familiarity with certain types of paperbacks.

FOR THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE A COLUMN GIVING THIS INFO, here is the thread and solution by adding a custom column and working off the Word Count generated by this plug-in. YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE it to your liking and usage.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245436 Post #13 is the full solution and helpful info on how to use for different types of books. The picture in that post is clear as to what to set up. iT'S VERY EASY. You can copy/paste the code from post #7 and modify the number as desired.

I now include this page count in my metadata book jacket as it's a helpful reference (though never perfect).

Enjoy.

Last edited by jecilop; 09-03-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: gibberish typo
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:59 AM   #658
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

@kiwidude,
I just found the ability to customize the character count. NICE.
Any chance you can add the ability to determine pages based on a customized word count per page. (ie, from the word count your plug-in generates)?

We can adjust the characters now, but can there be an option to use words instead and be able to choose that number?

I recently had help creating a column that would do this based off of your word counts, but it would be more helpful within the plug-in by:
1) reducing the number of custom columns
2) allowing a simple change when needed when doing different types (kids, educational, etc..)of books rather than making another custom column.

Again, the custom number (just like characters) would be based on the user's choice
Old 09-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #659
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecilop View Post
@kiwidude,
I just found the ability to customize the character count. NICE.
Any chance you can add the ability to determine pages based on a customized word count per page. (ie, from the word count your plug-in generates)?
FYI, kiwidude isn't active on the forums lately--I understand he's busy with his day job. So don't be surprised if there's no response from him.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:12 AM   #660
jecilop
Addict

Thanks for the info!

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin