Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #856
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Congratulations!

My weight seems to have been static since around October. My own fault, of course!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #857
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I've lost 15 pounds since Christmas. Better yet, my blood pressure is in the 110-115 over 65 range and my total cholesterol is down from 209 to 164 without medications. I'm ecstatic. Time for a doughnut!
The heck with the lost weight... The great blood pressure and cholesterol reading are spectacular! Losing 15 pounds is nothing to sneeze at either, but it's the 110/65 and lower cholesterol that will keep you alive longer! Keep it up.

I'm afraid to get on the scale. We ate at two different all-you-can-eat buffets this week... and I did. But we've also walked about 25k this week too, so it might not be too bad.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #858
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Great work. I have not lost anything in a few weeks. I have been eating poorly and not as good about getting to the gym so not losing but not gaining is just fine.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #859
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
I am on Weight Watchers. Again. I can't believe I went off the wagon that badly again. I gained back 30 of the 60 lbs I lost and I'm a short woman, so that is a lot.

The good news is that, after 4 weeks, 9 of them are already gone.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #860
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think that the really difficult bit is maintenance at your desired weight. It's for maintenance that one really needs to change ones normal eating habits.

I haven't managed to get down to my desired weight yet, so I still have the problem of weight maintenance to look forward to! Joy.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #861
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maintenance is not tough if you track what you eat. At least it is not for me.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #862
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
I am on Weight Watchers. Again. I can't believe I went off the wagon that badly again. I gained back 30 of the 60 lbs I lost and I'm a short woman, so that is a lot.

The good news is that, after 4 weeks, 9 of them are already gone.
9 pounds in 4 weeks is fantastic! Congratulations!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #863
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

So I am down to 163 pounds (I started this latest round of weight loss at 180. Five years ago, I was at 205. I am not counting my pregnancy weight). More importantly I am in a size 6 pant and my Mom is counseling me to not lose too much weight.

Loving life
Old 03-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #864
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Well done Prof!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #865
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Congratulations, Prof. I'm still hovering at the 73kg mark. I know why, too, so I have no-one to blame but myself.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #866
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Well done, all of you! I've laid back for the cold months, but my wife and I were just talking about this yesterday, and figure now that the better weather is coming around, it's time for us to start hard walking and hill climbing again. I put back 3-4 kilo, but still am under 85. I've decided that I will set a target for myself of 75 kilo before we move to Thailand. That's doable...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #867
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Weight Watchers

I passed the 10 lb mark at my last weigh-in. Not bad for 8 weeks. 20 more lbs to go to get back to my "Lifetime" weight.

I have GOT to stop the yo-yo thing.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #868
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Food journals. They force you to be honest with yourself.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #869
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Food journals. They force you to be honest with yourself.
I agree. I used a blank book but switched to an app (FitBit) last year which was a bit easier. I switched again to MyFitnessPal two weeks ago and find their database to be extensive and very easy to use although there's still the annoying puzzle of "What the heck am I really eating right now and how much is there?" I'm making great progess lately having lost 24 pounds since Christmas and now less than 10 pounds away from nirvana.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 03-30-2013 at 07:03 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #870
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
24 pounds since Christmas - excellent progress, well done vivaldirules!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote