Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
spirit_wolf
_^^~
spirit_wolf is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad 2, PRS-505, PRS-600
Smile Greetings eBookies!

Hello, one and all. This is really an amazing forum--one of the best I've ever seen. eBooks and readers have crossed an exciting threshold in the last couple years. I'm chomping at the bit to buy my first reader, but want to be patient and continue research before jumping in. I'm sure mobileread will be indispensable along the way.
spirit_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! Let us know what you are looking for in an ebook device, and what you like to read!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi mikeg and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over a year now and like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Welcome Mikeg!

I am sure you know the infinte resource that is MR! Word of advice... do your homework throughly on what you want/need in a device since some features are traded for others to accomodate xyz. Get me?

Happy hunting/reading!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
hing
hing began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, welcome. I'm new myself!
hing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome! I think the 505 is an excellent machine, but I'm sure you will find the one that is right for you. Enjoy the information!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #7
spirit_wolf
_^^~

Lilac, cassidym, Alphapheemail, hing and GraceKrispy, thanks to all for your warm welcomes.

I've had my Sony 505 for a week now. Lovin it so far! I've actually been researching this for months and also waiting to see how various products would pan out (such as K2). I didn't realize there were so many 505 owners here at MR until after I arrived at the same smart decision and started gravitating to that forum.

But seriously, as others have said, it comes down to what you're looking for in a reader and often making some compromises. Given the current state of technology, I'd like to own 2 or 3 different readers.

Truth is, there are lots of brilliant choices and owners of ebook readers are just a smart population in general.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #8
spirit_wolf
_^^~

P.S. Who is mikeg? Ha, just kidding. I changed my name.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Hi spirit_wolf, (aka mikeg?) a late welcome to MobileRead from Vancouver.

I like your maple leaf, and your choice of eBook reader.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
spirit_wolf
_^^~

Thanks Wetdogeared. I've always had an affinity for Canucks and Canada in general and also love trees, so the maple leaf felt right. Your wet dog picture makes me laugh and smile.