Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
splendor
Enthusiast
splendor began at the beginning.

Device: irex
HELP!! my stylus stopped working

It suddenly stopped working while i was reading, did nothing special. how to solve this problem? how do i know if its a problem with the screen or the stylus. thanks?
splendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
Trickereader
Trickereader began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92,Irex DR1000S, Bookeen Gen3, Sony PRS500
Reboot

What did you do so far ?
Did you try to restart the stylus from the Settings or did you try to reboot the DR ?
Trickereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
splendor
Enthusiast

I tried everything, turned off then, turned the stylus on. reset, even updated to firmware 2.0 RC1, then restored back to 1.71. it simply doesn't work. since it happened so sudden, im just afraid if its a problem with the screen.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I'd suggest opening a ticket with their tech support. It might be a hardware problem.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
splendor
Enthusiast

they don't even reply to my ticket.
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
take the reader and stylus to a store that carries wacom tablets. best buy or office depot etc. try your stylus one of the wacom units (if you can) try their stylus on the reader.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Have you heard of a stylus "going bad" before? I thought they were basically passive and just reflected back a signal from the WACOM layer in the screen, kind of like a RFID tag.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
they can go "bad" if for instance the tip is broken off or stuck(pressure sensitive ones) or the pen is damaged so it cant be powered by the induction field. It could be the digitizer layer of the display as well so its important to find a way to try a known working stylus to determine which it is.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote