Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
ampsonic
ampsonic began at the beginning.

Device: nook
find and replace, epub

Hello All,

I have calibre and a Nook. I have one book that for whatever reason, every time a word has two of the letter "L" in a row, the 2nd "L" is deleted, and instead there is a space. IE "call" becomes "cal" and "finally" becomes "final y". Book is in epub format. Is there any tool I can use to do a find "L " (notice it must find the space as well), and replace with "LL"? (using caps to make sure you can tell it's an L)

Any ideas are appreciated!
ampsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampsonic View Post
Hello All,

I have calibre and a Nook. I have one book that for whatever reason, every time a word has two of the letter "L" in a row, the 2nd "L" is deleted, and instead there is a space. IE "call" becomes "cal" and "finally" becomes "final y". Book is in epub format. Is there any tool I can use to do a find "L " (notice it must find the space as well), and replace with "LL"? (using caps to make sure you can tell it's an L)

Any ideas are appreciated!
I suggest using Notepad++. But, before you can do any editing of the ePub, you'll need to strip the DRM.
See Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented and Barnes & Noble DRM for EPUB circumvented.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
ampsonic
ampsonic began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Hmm, I don't think there is any DRM on this bad boy (calibre converted from a pdf), however, when I attempt to open in Notepad++, it's all garbage. Is there a specific encoding I need to choose, or perhaps a plugin i should install? Quick google search turned up nothing.
ampsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampsonic View Post
Hmm, I don't think there is any DRM on this bad boy (calibre converted from a pdf), however, when I attempt to open in Notepad++, it's all garbage. Is there a specific encoding I need to choose, or perhaps a plugin i should install? Quick google search turned up nothing.
He probably meant editing the HTML in the epub. An epub file is a ZIP file with a standard file structure in it.

For WYSIWYG-editing epubs directly, use Sigil (it has its own forum here).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote