Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Amazon Shipping Deception

Well after a lot of thought about pros and cons of various readers, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Kindle 2. Glad I did and look forward to it.

I am a little miffed about Amazon and their shipping deception. (Which they continue today.) I went on line last night thinking I was too late for one day shipping and today delivery. Yet, when I went to the web site it said something like:

"Want it delivered Friday, December 18? Order it in the next 2 hours and 56 minutes, and choose Friday Delivery at checkout"

So excited, I footed the bill for one day shipping and all was well until I hit 'place order'. Then the order came up and immediately said expected arrival date of Dec 21. (Monday). I was a little peaved. I actually tried to cancel the order and try again. But the order immediately said changes were not allowed the order was being processed. I called and they went through some explanation that that was not what the website said and that I was past the cutoff point for Friday delivery, so I pulled it up had him do the same and had to read it to them until they said, 'oh yea' that's not right.

The conspiracy theorist in me believes this to be intentional deception on Amazon's part to get as many orders as they can in before Christmas. The CS rep said he would inform them about the problem on the website, but even today they report"

Want it delivered Saturday, December 19? Order it in the next 8 hours and 30 minutes, and choose Saturday Delivery at checkout.

Which they have no intention of fulfilling. The CS rep told me there are no Saturday deliveries, why mine had to be Monday instead of Saturday. If you place an order today with one day shipping you'd get all is well for saturday delivery until you actually hit 'place order', then you'll get an expected arrival date of Monday instead of Saturday.

He did say that they would refund my shipping charges once shipped and he said it would definitely be here Monday.

I am still excited and can't wait for my Kindle2, but the apparent intentional deception on one day shipping Amazon is perpetuating needs pointing out.

On a side benefit note, if you want free two day shipping and Monday delivery, order today for Saturday delivery with one day shipping and call and complain when the place order then shows Monday...
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I think it was just a mistake. I got a shipping notice today for an item that arrived yesterday from Amazon, and that has *NEVER* happened before
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
I'm not sure if this makes you feel better or not, but I've used the free shipping option for both of my Kindles, and both arrived a full 5 days earlier than the "expected delivery date". I was pretty stoked when my Kindle arrived on a Thursday and I wasn't expecting it until the following Tuesday.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I ordered my Kindle 2 on Nov 19th at 3:30 pm and it arrived Nov 20 at 1 pm ... and I live in Canada. This order was shipped from the US and made it through customs and to my front door in under 22 hrs.

I'm not sure what the complaint really is?

BTW, the order arrived four calendar days earlier than promised.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
ksp
ksp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I just wanted to let you know there actually is Saturday delivery. It is entirely possible that it is not available in all areas, but it is offered. Last Friday we ordered a Kindle for my husband. Ordered on Friday about noon and chose Saturday delivery. FedEx delivered it about 8 a.m. on Saturday.
ksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 07:45 AM   #6
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Amazon customer service has said mine will be Monday the 21st after a Thursday order saying one day delivery on Friday. They apparently didn't offer Saturday as an option for my area. In fact I finally got a shipping confirmation that after placing the order on thursday on one day shipping the order went out friday at 1:24 pm via UPS ground!!! Yes I said ground!!!

Amazing!!!:

Update: Amazon did refund my shipping charges. My Kindle is at a UPS facility about 90 miles away, with no Saturday delivery!!!!!! So Monday it is.

Last edited by drofgnal; 12-19-2009 at 08:12 AM.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
ksp
ksp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Apparently then the Saturday delivery is not everywhere. I have used it 2 or 3 times in the past, and it is always delivered by FedEx. There have been a couple of times when I needed Saturday delivery but it was not offered. I don't know what the rhyme or reason is though.

So sorry you have to wait until Monday for your Kindle when it is only 90 miles away. My husband was so excited to be able to order on Friday and get his on Saturday. I have had a Kindle for a few months so he knew how great they are.

Hang on for Monday! It will be worth the wait!
ksp is offline   Reply With Quote