Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
SleepSeeker
SleepSeeker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Sort tags by name

When sorting tags by name, it used to list A,B,C, etc in groups and than I could click on the A and it would list all the A's. Well when I was cleaning up my tags, deleting them, it just went away. It lists all the tags still in alphabetical Order, but not in groups, that I can open up.

Anybody know how I can get it back? I tried looking in the settings, but nothing I click, puts it back to default.
SleepSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click on the tag -> change sub-categorization scheme->first letter
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
SleepSeeker

I've tried that, it just stays the same. I even put it to disabled. And than I changed it back to first letter. And it didn't do anything. Anything else i could do?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepSeeker View Post
I've tried that, it just stays the same. I even put it to disabled. And than I changed it back to first letter. And it didn't do anything. Anything else i could do?
Ah! maybe you have set the Tag browser 'by Popularity' Numbers in [###] instead of names
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
SleepSeeker

It's not listed by popularity. It still lists them in alphabetical order, but it doesn't group them together in A,B,C, etc

And I just checked to be sure, and it's not on the popularity setting. Thanks for trying to help
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepSeeker View Post
It's not listed by popularity. It still lists them in alphabetical order, but it doesn't group them together in A,B,C, etc

And I just checked to be sure, and it's not on the popularity setting. Thanks for trying to help
OK that is: Preferences: Look and Feel: By first Letter and Collapse when more than 30 itemsApply
then Close
Then Restart (Ctrl-R)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
SleepSeeker

That did the trick. Thanks!