Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #91
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by astmario View Post
Is it possible to order online that Nook-Black Friday deal, from Target or Sars?
Sears ad says in-store only.
Target doesn't say.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #92
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
At $129, it's a great deal. This price is lower than the BF deals. The best BF deal is at Best Buy for $160 + free $30 GC.
True, but I've thought about this a lot and haven't the space or income to be buying tablets if they aren't the ones I'll use ultimately -- even at great prices. The main thing I need to pick up is a laptop and either a disposable tablet conducive to writing (like the N7) or a phablet (like the Note II).

They may yet offer the KFHD as a gold box deal and if they do, the screen resolution will make that one harder for me to pass up.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #93
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
True, but I've thought about this a lot and haven't the space or income to be buying tablets if they aren't the ones I'll use ultimately -- even at great prices. The main thing I need to pick up is a laptop and either a disposable tablet conducive to writing (like the N7) or a phablet (like the Note II).

They may yet offer the KFHD as a gold box deal and if they do, the screen resolution will make that one harder for me to pass up.
This one isn't for me either, but I know some people it would be good for. I'm getting a 32GB Nexus 7.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #94
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
This one isn't for me either, but I know some people it would be good for. I'm getting a 32GB Nexus 7.
That's exactly what I want, son! (Don't you hate it when twelve-year-olds call you that?)
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's exactly what I want, son! (Don't you hate it when twelve-year-olds call you that?)
Never had that happen to me; though I hate being called sir.

If that Office Depot deal goes online, you'll be getting a PM from me.

Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #96
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Glommed it and subsequently deleted it from my cart. I have zero interest in a 8GB Kindle Fire even at $129.

I'd have bought it for someone else, though, if I knew for a fact they coveted one and I'd be reimbursed.

FWIW, this is the new Kindle Fire with the faster processor and so froth froth.
Faster processor, more overhead interface.

For almost everything I tried, it was slower than the original (display my booklist went from instant to over 5 minutes, requiring me to turn off the screen timeout or it never finished).

I sent mine back.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #97
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

There's a list from Amazon over at BFAds.net with some TVs and home theater stuff that'll be deeply discounted sometime soon. Among the items is the $60 Roku HD that'll sell for $39.

Still waiting for deals to be posted for book related devices - tablets, ereaders, media players, etc.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #98
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Five days until Black Friday Deals Week at Amazon. The countdown timer is located here.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #99
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
. Among the items is the $60 Roku HD that'll sell for $39.
I Love my Roku! We canceled cable after we got one. Now we just pay for Netflix, Hulu+ and Amazon Prime and watch them all on our TV using Roku.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #100
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Black Friday Deals - Digital Storage Media

Note: listings below may or may not be offered online -- best prices

I'm not including anything lower than 16GB. Anymore, it's not worth using such small amounts of storage. Besides, there's only a few dollars difference between 8GB and 16GB.

Flash Memory Cards -- mSD Standard
  • SanDisk 32GB --- RS=($28) / STP=($18)
  • -----------------------------------------------------------------
  • SanDisk 16GB --- OD=($9) / RS=($8) / STP=($8) / TRU=($5)
  • Lexar 16GB --- TAR=($10)

Flash Memory Cards -- mSD High Speed
  • SanDisk Ultra 64GB --- RS=($40)
  • SanDisk Ultra 32GB --- BB=($18) / COS=($16) / RS=($30)
  • SanDisk Ultra 16GB --- BB=($10) / RS=($13)

Flash Memory Cards -- SD Standard
  • Lexar 32GB --- OM=($16)
  • SanDisk 32GB --- OD=($17) / RS=($28) / STP=($18)
  • Kodak 16GB --- OM=($9)
  • SanDisk 16GB --- OD=($9) / RS=($8) / SEA=($9) / STP=($8) / WAL=($8)

Flash Memory Cards -- SD High Speed
  • SanDisk Extrm 128GB --- RS=($180)
  • SanDisk Extrm 64GB --- RS=($90)
  • SanDisk Ultra 64GB --- RS=($40)
  • SanDisk Extrm 32GB --- COS=($33) / RS=($50)
  • SanDisk Ultra 32GB --- BB=($18) / RS=($30) / STP=($20)
  • SanDisk Extrm 16GB --- RS=($28)
  • SanDisk Ultra 16GB --- BB=($10) / COS=($19/2pk) / RS=($13) / STP=($12) / WAL=($10)

USB Flash Drives -- Standard
  • PNY 64GB --- BB=($28)
  • SanDisk 64GB --- OD=($30) / STP=($40)
  • Lexar 32GB --- OD=($15)
  • PNY 32GB --- BB=($13)
  • SanDisk 32GB --- OD=($15) / RS=($10) / STP=($18)
  • Lexar 16GB --- OD=($8)
  • PNY 16GB --- BB=($6) / STP=($7)
  • SanDisk 16GB --- OD=($8) / RS=($8) / SEA=($9) / TRU=($5) / WAL=($7)

USB Flash Drives -- High Speed
  • SanDisk Ultra 32GB --- COS=($14)
  • SanDisk Ultra 16GB --- COS=($20/3pk)

Hard Drives -- External Desktop
  • Seagate 3TB --- BB=($100) / COS=($100)
  • West Dig 3TB --- OD=($120)
  • Seagate 2TB Network --- OD=($100)
  • Seagate 2TB --- OD=($80)
  • West Dig 2TB --- OM=($100)

Hard Drives -- External Portable
  • West Dig 2TB --- BB=($130)
  • Seagate 1TB -- BB=($70)
  • Toshiba 1TB --- OD=($60)
  • West Dig 1TB --- OM=($70)
  • Toshiba 500GB --- BB=($40) / OM=($50) / RS=($50)

Key
  • AMZ= Amazon / BB= Best Buy / COS= Costco / DEL= Dell / FM= Fred Meyer / KM= Kmart / OD= Office Depot / OM= OfficeMax / RS= RadioShack / SAM= Samsung / SC= Sam's Club / SEA= Sears / STP= Staples / TAR= Target / TRU= Toys"R"Us / WAL= Walmart

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #101
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I started adding links to stores with online Black Friday deals. They won't go live until sometime next week. I'll post go live times as they become available.

This list is a work in progress and as I find more stores with online deals, I'll post them.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-15-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #102
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I WANT the Roku for $39! With my luck, it is certain to be a lightning deal while I am away from my computer.

I have a question about Amazon streaming video pricing. I understand the rules about ebooks and how some publishers don't allow discounts. Is it the same for video rentals and/or downloads? In the past I have purchased DVD sets from Amazon's holiday deals, but now I would prefer not to have the DVDs and just stream them. Are the downloads ever going to show up in the deals? I'm looking for things like Homeland!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #103
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I want the Roku, too. We already have 2, and the kids took them lol. One for the grownups would be great. I don't think my other Rokus are HD, either.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #104
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I WANT the Roku for $39! With my luck, it is certain to be a lightning deal while I am away from my computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I want the Roku, too. We already have 2, and the kids took them lol. One for the grownups would be great. I don't think my other Rokus are HD, either.
The LT ($50) and HD ($60) do 720p. The 2 XD ($80) and 2 XS ($100) do 1080p. The one on sale for $39 is the HD.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #105
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
The LT ($50) and HD ($60) do 720p. The 2 XD ($80) and 2 XS ($100) do 1080p. The one on sale for $39 is the HD.
Our TV is only 24" (my nephew asked if it was our computer. He couldn't believe a TV could be so small) and while it can do 1080p, I think 720p would be fine.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote