Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Anyone tried Monopoly (Kindle Fire Edition)?

Aside from people giving it one star because the Kindle Fire Edition doesn't work on this or that Android phone it's gotten pretty good reviews. But there are several mentions of it being buggy. I was wondering if anyone here had it and could give a first-hand account?

MONOPOLY (Kindle Fire Edition)
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
If they make it one of the 10 cent apps I will try it :-) I have an old java version of monopoly by EA on my phone and I enjoy it.
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I'm too used to my iPad version I couldn't get into the Fire version. If you never used the ipad version I think the Fire version is fine.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I decided to risk the $4.99, I'm crazy that way . Monopoly plays pretty well on the Fire, and I'm not finding it buggy at all the way some reviewers described. Graphics, animation, music, and sound effects are all well done and smooth. Game play is the traditional Monopoly that I remember from years ago, and good fun.

The only problem I can see with it is that the properties shown in the trade window aren't always on the same side as the owner's icon, so while your icon might be on the left side of the screen the properties you actually own might be over on the right-hand side. It's not a huge deal, but it was confusing at first.

As a bonus I backed up the apk and installed it on my Droid 3. I was surprised it worked since Amazon's app store says it isn't compatible. It gets kind of choppy with the music turned on, but plays just fine with it off.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
It's the free app of the day today!
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
aldpam
aldpam began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
deleted

Last edited by aldpam; 12-28-2011 at 10:14 AM.
aldpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #7
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduck View Post
It's the free app of the day today!
Yep, pfffft. Ah well, I got to play it for a couple of weeks for my $4.99.

I downloaded it for my phone since it was available as an update. It must be at least slightly different than the Kindle Fire version since it plays music in the game without any problems.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Yep, pfffft. Ah well, I got to play it for a couple of weeks for my $4.99.

I downloaded it for my phone since it was available as an update. It must be at least slightly different than the Kindle Fire version since it plays music in the game without any problems.
The Kindle Fire version now just says Monopoly now so I guess it's works on both now. I grabbed it as I bought Scrabble the other day too for 99 cents.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
So glad its free! Would never pay $5 even though I love Monopoly. Wish they came out with an app for Monopoly Deal the card game. That is so fun and addicting and doesnt take 4-8 hrs to play
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The Kindle Fire version now just says Monopoly now so I guess it's works on both now. I grabbed it as I bought Scrabble the other day too for 99 cents.
I almost bought Scrabble until I read it doesn't have an AI opponent, so your only option is to play online.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #11
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I almost bought Scrabble until I read it doesn't have an AI opponent, so your only option is to play online.
Single player was added a couple weeks ago. All the negative reviews are from before that. Fun and well presented rendition despite EA's complete inability to ever design a decent AI for their games. They really need new programmers or to stop being lazy.

Play on easy: too easy and AI skips turns or uses elementary words allowing you to dominate them in points.
Play on medium or hard: AI suddenly uses bizarre and extremely rare words you've probably never even heard of.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #12
carld
Wizard

Ahh, thanks a lot. I'll pick it up then. And, yeah, that's the way it plays on my Kindle 3 as well.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:17 AM   #13
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
The only real buggy part is the top player at 12 o clock seat their property is hidden from view and the bidding/auction and trade method is no so nicely integrated or easily understood.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
The only real buggy part is the top player at 12 o clock seat their property is hidden from view and the bidding/auction and trade method is no so nicely integrated or easily understood.
Yes, I've noticed that with the cards especially. The Trade window definitely needs some work, otherwise it's a solid game.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
All of EA Games are on sale for 99 cents at the moment.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote