Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
New E Ink watch - would you buy this one?

Link: http://www.ubergizmo.com/zoom.php?di.../10/FPD-day-3/

Quote:
An attention grabber was an e-paper watch reportedly developed by the joint Hong Kong-US company Art Tech. Expected to be on sale in December of this year, the e-paper in this latest Christmas gizmo makes it possible to select the face you want the watch to display.
Looks better than the previous E Ink watches they showed us. Personally I wouldn't mind this new watch -- but why did they make those E I N K letters so large????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1eink_watch.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	6928  
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
What I can't figure out is why it has actual, physical hands.

I'm very interested in these, but I won't pay hundreds of dollars for a watch. If they get it under $100 they've probably got a sale here.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Isn't this the same one?

No refresh rate that's why the hands.

This could be the perfect customisable watch. Plug it to the computer with a camera USB wire and put a picture on the face, now why didn't they think of that? The "E-INK" logo could be bypassed this way too. Hey they could even have a scrollable ebook while we're there.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 AM   #4
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Is this an e ink watch or a cheesy add for e ink?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Is this an e ink watch or a cheesy add for e ink?
Go to the other link, you'll see different displays on the same watch.

Oooops! I was wrong about the 'no refresh rate'. If you go to the other link, there are two pictures of the watch. One of them sports a digital time display just under the hands spindle.

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 10-31-2007 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Last second observation.
Advert
Old 10-31-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
If you could upload your own faces (e.g. put the numerals in Chinese or cuneiform or whatever) I guess I might be interested, though not at this price. I've been wearing the same $10 watch for the past 15 years. I did just spend about $100 on a fancy watch for my husband as an anniversary gift that does temperature, tides, and compass as well as time. But this watch couldn't do any of that, for a whole lot more money, and I bet you can't upload a pic of your kids, either.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:17 AM   #7
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
neko, maybe we could start a business of downloaded watch faces with alarm ring tones
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Isn't this the same one?

No refresh rate that's why the hands.

This could be the perfect customisable watch. Plug it to the computer with a camera USB wire and put a picture on the face, now why didn't they think of that? The "E-INK" logo could be bypassed this way too. Hey they could even have a scrollable ebook while we're there.
I think it's the same. I think the leather wristband makes a big difference to the earlier E Ink watches... the whole watch looks less geeky and more usable now
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
If you go to the other link, there are two pictures of the watch. One of them sports a digital time display just under the hands spindle.
That probably explains why the analog display uses physical hands too, I s'pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
... though not at this price.
I missed the price, where did you see it? Or just what was the price?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I missed the price, where did you see it? Or just what was the price?
I was basing my statement on your comment that you wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars for one....
Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I was basing my statement on your comment that you wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars for one....
Ah. I wasn't saying that because I knew it was priced at hundreds of dollars, it was more of an "I don't know what they'll charge for that, but ..." sort of thing.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #12
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I guess this is how rumors get started!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist

Well, the unintentional rumors, anyway.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 AM   #14
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

You two should have a sideline at Eng....t.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll buy an e-ink watch that looks as cool as this, but costs under $50:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hourglass_watch.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	6974  
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote