Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2014, 05:12 AM   #37441
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Sunday is not a good day for my craft wishlist! I've decided to save up for a couple of weeks and then treat myself to a visit to the craft store.

Now I'm off to see if there are any croissants left.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #37442
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Just got back from my parent's, who we visited over Easter.

Had an exciting time. My father-in-law came with us and on Saturday he managed to fall over playing football (he's 78!) and split the back of his head open on a concrete fence post. It's amazing how quickly you get seen at A&E when you turn up with an elderly gentleman covered in blood and still bleeding from a head wound

He had 10 staples in the wound and is fine now, thankfully.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #37443
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Having tea and preparing for another day on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggleWife View Post
Just finished making my husband's special birthday cake.

His birthday is in January but we celebrate in April during Birthday He!! Week. His sister, his mom, his dad and I all have our birthdays within 10 days of each other. We celebrate them all together with a big family dinner. Did I mention we each get a birthday cake of our choice?

This is a picture (last year's) of the B.E.L.'s favourite Raspberry Torte.
Awww! That sounds like a nice tradition! Happy birthday to all the Wiggle-kin!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #37444
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Belated (or early) happiest of birthdays to the Wiggle clan!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #37445
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Awww! That sounds like a nice tradition! Happy birthday to all the Wiggle-kin!
Thank you! It is rather fun when we all get together.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #37446
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Does this rock?
This morning at breakfast my wife said: "To celebrate your victory at the Royal Thai Navy Fencing tournament, let's go diving in the Philippines for a week in the middle of June!" Gotta love a woman like this!

(Especially as the tournament isn't for another 6 weeks!)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #37447
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
LOL Have fun diving and at the tournament.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #37448
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm being creative at the moment. I really need to get a craft sheet for when I'm working with glue, ink or other messy materials, but the cheap ones are all sold out locally and the more expensive ones are too big for my desk.

We do have a big roll of what we call stucco runner in the store. It's laminated paper and what builders use when applying stucco (stuccoing?) or when they have other messy work to do indoors. I cut off a strip and cut three smaller pieces to fit on my desk. It can be wiped down and the stuff is cheap, so disposable and will do until I get a proper craft sheet.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #37449
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm getting ready to load up the dishwasher and go outside for a while to read. I told my wife that we'd have subs tonight for supper. She's worried that the meat has been in the freezer for three months. I told her that the ice man was buried for 3,000 years and he seems okay.

Last night I fixed tacos without the shells, just tortilla chips, and the night before that I fixed chicken chow mein from a can to which I cooked and added extra chicken and steamed vegetables. I think I'm getting to be a pretty decent house husband. Should I list that as my occupation on next year's tax forms?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #37450
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Bilbo - Oh! Your poor father-in-law! I am glad that he is doing well now.

Stitchawl - I agree; what a great wife. I'll positive think with your wife about "your victory at the Royal Thai Navy Fencing tournament."

5WW - How did the big family birthday celebrations go?

Tom - it sounds like you are enjoying your retirement (and experimenting with cooking ). How is the coupon project going?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #37451
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I'm still eating a steer that's been in my freezer for three years. no problems. usually pork can hang in there for quite awhile as well. chicken and fish are the ones that really get funky
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #37452
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
...Tom - it sounds like you are enjoying your retirement (and experimenting with cooking ). How is the coupon project going?
I need to make a shopping trip soon, and the only thing on today's to do list that hasn't been done is the couponing. It saves money, that's for sure, but it's tedious and time consuming. And once you finally have all the coupons clipped and sorted, there's always one or two that for whatever reason give the scanner at the checkout a hard time.

I have been learning how to cook a lot more things than just pizza, hot dogs, and hamburgers. Not that I like cooking, but somebody's got to do it, and it wouldn't be fair to expect my wife to cook after she's been working all day. I did tell her she could retire, but she says she likes having something to keep her mind off all the crazy that surrounds us. It's probably best she does keep working, as she's one of those folks who, if she finds a spare minute anywhere in her life, fills it to find something to worry about for 60 seconds.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #37453
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Adventures in Tech Support Land

You may recall my mentioning last week that I had upgraded all the company PC's from XP to Win7. Things got suspiciously quiet afterwards as folks searched for their old files ... now being held prisoner by new versions of MS Office.

So, today, one particular idiot popped his head into my office and said: "I'm getting lots of pop-ups on my screen with ads, and lots of other strange things.
"
*Yes, I had enabled pop-up blockers on all browsers*

Me: "What kind of pop-ups? On which browser? On what websites?"

Him: "I don't know .... I just click on them to make them disappear."
Me: "Did you leave anything on the screen for me to look at?"
Him: "No. I figured you would know what I'm talking about."
Me: "What did you click on to make them disappear? Actual buttons?"
Him: "I don't know - I just keep clicking until they all are gone."

So I wandered over, and found that in less than one day, this jerk had accumulated 3 Trojans, 83 PUP adware programs, and had apparently clicked on a button that allowed an ad malware program to actually install itself as a resident program. The 'pop-ups' were actually generated by a resident program on the PC ... and hence not affected by the browser's pop-up blocker setting.
I cleaned it all out... fully expecting him to discover some way to reload all this crap.

But the wonderful thing is ... I no longer care ... I didn't even get upset...I simply told him to his face he was an idiot and deserved to lose his PC. Or watch it implode in a mass of crapware.....

What a flaming maroon ....

Can you tell that I am planning for an early retirement?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #37454
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
...But the wonderful thing is ... I no longer care ... I didn't even get upset...I simply told him to his face he was an idiot and deserved to lose his PC. Or watch it implode in a mass of crapware.....
Sometimes you need to take the time to patiently explain to people that they are, indeed, idiots. It rarely does anything to improve them in any substantial way, but just having said it gives you a warm glow and leaves you with pleasant memories of the moment that you'll always cherish.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #37455
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Good ghod, this is still running? Jeez, ya drop out for a year or so and no one bothers to even rearrange the furniture!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?