Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #31
linkin360
linkin360 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
After update 5.1.0 kindlean stoped recognizing my kindle T, now i just get a "unplug>restart>try again" message. Anyone else have this problem?
PS I already sent a message to http://kindlean.com/support/
linkin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #32
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin360 View Post
After update 5.1.0 kindlean stoped recognizing my kindle T, now i just get a "unplug>restart>try again" message. Anyone else have this problem?
PS I already sent a message to http://kindlean.com/support/
Please post what you hear back from them.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #33
linkin360
linkin360 began at the beginning.

Just got the reply:
Quote:
to: *******@gmail.com
Cesar,
Yes we are aware of this issue and working to resolve it
----------
Best regards!
Kindlean team
Not a lot of info, but at least they seem to be working
linkin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #34
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin360 View Post
Just got the reply:

Not a lot of info, but at least they seem to be working
That's interesting. I purchased the paid version but uninstalled it because of some buggy behavior. I've been waiting for a bug fix upgrade. I wonder how people will be notified. Their website leaves a lot to be desired.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #35
ergoproxy
ergoproxy began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT & KT
I know this is a somewhat old thread. But I just purchased Kindlean and it works charms on my KT 5.1.2 - no issues at all. The diags > reboot > disable diags gymnastics may be a bit frustrating, but considering I always put lots of books at once is a no issue for me, as I do it less often that way.
BTW Thanks to all in this thread that helped me find the Kindlean to manage collections on my KT. Sad Calibre is of no use atm.
ergoproxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ergoproxy: Yes it is. (Collections Manager + Kindle Collections Plugin).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-16-2012 at 02:40 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #37
Dranaenne
Dranaenne began at the beginning.

Syncing Kindle App to Kindle Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Yes it will do it for you, if the books exist on the kindle then they go into the same collections as they are on the device you are importing from. If the books are not on the kindle, then it just imports an empty collection. It is not 100%, but I think that has more to do with how quickly Amazon's servers are updated with all your changes. I wish there was more control over which collections were imported and the ability to remove collections from their servers. The longer you have a device the more junk collections you will end up with on their servers. I don't think Amazon gave a lot of thought to collections and books which were not purchased from them when they implemented this process, but that is a non-issue because at least this makes it easier to do than doing it all manually.
Hi, I have a Kindle Touch and a Mac (running OS X) and am having a devil of a time trying to arrange all my books and pdfs into collections on the Kindle so that on the home screen of the device interface I don't have to manually scroll through pages and pages of individually listed files to get to the file I want to read. I use Calibre and have created "user categories" based on tags that more or less represent (as listed folders within Calibre) the generic collections I'm trying to create. However, I don't know how to export my classification system to the Kindle so that the Kindle interface only shows the broader generic collections with the individual books and pdfs nested within them (as opposed to all individual texts being haphazardly arrayed on the device's interface). I've also tried the Kindle App on my laptop - I managed to load pdfs onto the Kindle App interface and along with downloaded books organize them into collections, but how to export this information to the device? I tried both the "Sync and check for new items" button and "Manage Your Kindle..." under "Tools" (which link the device, app and cloud?) but none of my newly created collections in the Kindle App appeared in my cloud on the Amazon website or on the device itself. I also found reference to a "Kindle Collections" plug-in for Calibre, but it turns out it's not available for Kindle Touch. Any help would be greatly appreciated - on a Kindle Touch (and using a Mac), how does one distribute one's whole library into a much smaller number of thematic collections, and ensure that this limited number of collections appears on the device's home interface, with individual books/pdfs listed within their respective collections and accessible by opening the appropriate collection? It's ridiculous how difficult this simple operation is proving ... Advance thanks!
Dranaenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:46 AM   #38
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The Kindlean site seems to be completely down: the prior website has been replaced with some sort of spammish-looking healthcare website. Did the domain expire?

Also, did they rename the software? I see something online now- spelled Kindlian (just with i substituted for the e)- and their webite looks the same as I recall the old site looking. Does anyone know if it's legit?

I'm running a Kindle Touch and dealing with collections has become a nightmare; after the software update, it even loses track of which books are in collections if I moved the files to keep the drive organized. I'm thinking about buying the software, but I want to make sure that the version at the new website isn't malware, and that I can bulk-edit books on the new Kindle Touch update...

Could someone please help me? I have no clue what I'm doing. I really have tried researching this, but there's so much conflicting information, and so many "sure this manager works EXCEPT FOR YOU, TOUCH USERS! > " links...

ed: I'd also be curious to know if anyone can run kindlian on Linux? Some programs will run under WINE... but would it recognize the Kindle Touch as being attached? Has anyone tried this?

Last edited by mobilis; 08-29-2013 at 01:47 AM. Reason: added one more question
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:58 AM   #39
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
I use the collections manager on my kindle touch with no problems. there is a link on the first page of the collections manager to a modified plug in for calibre to export your collection to the kindle.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186305

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1760

Last edited by alanHd; 08-29-2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: added links
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 AM   #40
mobilis
drowned in old books

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
I use the collections manager on my kindle touch with no problems. there is a link on the first page of the collections manager to a modified plug in for calibre to export your collection to the kindle.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186305

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1760
Thank you, but I'm afraid to try jalibreaking it. The last time I tried editing firmware, I bricked a media player. I don't think I could do something so complex (at least, unless I had no other alternative...)

I was hoping for some sort of premade software?

I might try it if there's no other choice, though... Since you use it,I have a question: does the collection manager permit mass-editing of some sort, such as selecting a lot of books and adding them to / removing them from collections? What is the interface like?
Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 AM   #41
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I've already ranted about Kindlean somewhere else. In short, it goes like this: To support Kindle Touch and Paperwhite, Kindlean has shamelessly ripped the jailbreaks published here.

Not that it's forbidden to create "derivative" works, but one could at least expect a link, or a notice, or a thank you. But no, Kindlean has never even cared to get in touch or do any of the above - but they are profiting from our work AND they are making money with it. I'm disgusted.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:26 AM   #42
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
Thank you, but I'm afraid to try jalibreaking it. The last time I tried editing firmware, I bricked a media player. I don't think I could do something so complex (at least, unless I had no other alternative...)
Jailbreaking a Kindle Touch is neither difficult nor dangerous. And in the worst case: the Touch is virtually unbrickable - it can be restored within 5 minutes.

Quote:
Yes, Calibre + Collections Manager

Quote:
I might try it if there's no other choice, though... Since you use it,I have a question: does the collection manager permit mass-editing of some sort, such as selecting a lot of books and adding them to / removing them from collections? What is the interface like?
So,so. Depends on how you define "mass". You can act at most on everything that you see on the screen (like, move 5 books at a time into a collection, or hide 11 books at a time). For the initial setup of 100s of books, you're better off doing it in calibre - it can get somewhat tedious on the Kindle, but it could be done. The interface is depicted in the CM thread.

Last edited by ixtab; 08-29-2013 at 02:30 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #43
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post

Just use Kubrick, its painless and virtually impossible to do anything wrong. just follow the instructions.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #44
mobilis
drowned in old books

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I've already ranted about Kindlean somewhere else. In short, it goes like this: To support Kindle Touch and Paperwhite, Kindlean has shamelessly ripped the jailbreaks published here.

Not that it's forbidden to create "derivative" works, but one could at least expect a link, or a notice, or a thank you. But no, Kindlean has never even cared to get in touch or do any of the above - but they are profiting from our work AND they are making money with it. I'm disgusted.
I'm sorry! for all my flipping through pages, I still managed to miss that. Well, I'd prefer not to buy from them, then, if possible... Thank you for mentioning that.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #45
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not sure it was in this thread, but I've ranted about it too, for the exact same reasons .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote