Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #31
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Read and enjoyed the sample. Hope to get the ebook at some point. Does not look like the Overdrive system at the libraries are going to carry it. No one has it, yet.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #32
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
It's not going to be available from Overdrive/library. It's published by Scribner, a sub of Simon & Schuster, which doesn't do library ebooks.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #33
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Prices like that drive to find alternate places to obtain the book
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #34
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Watched the video and read the first 5 chapters this morning. Obviously I haven't even begun to scratch the surface, but what I've read so far has been really, really good. And the video was a perfect mood setting device. Well done.
Quake,

You mentioned having an iPad2 in an earlier post. Were you able to download and watch the video/read the book on you iPad?

I bought the enhanced version last night and it would download only to my Nook Color. The devices list on the B&N page for the enhanced version lists only the NC and the Nook Color Tablet.

I'd love to be able to read this on my iPad, too, if it's possible.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #35
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookkatz View Post
Quake,

You mentioned having an iPad2 in an earlier post. Were you able to download and watch the video/read the book on you iPad?

I bought the enhanced version last night and it would download only to my Nook Color. The devices list on the B&N page for the enhanced version lists only the NC and the Nook Color Tablet.

I'd love to be able to read this on my iPad, too, if it's possible.
Yep, perfectly possible. Watched the video and am furiously reading away happily on the iPad 2. They probably only list that because those are their devices. Amazon doesn't have a device (yet) capable of doing the a/v edition, so that's probably why they listed the Apple devices.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #36
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep, perfectly possible. Watched the video and am furiously reading away happily on the iPad 2. They probably only list that because those are their devices. Amazon doesn't have a device (yet) capable of doing the a/v edition, so that's probably why they listed the Apple devices.
Thanks for the quick reply. Were you able to download it into the Nook app, or did you have to side load it?

I tried to download the book from the B&N website via my browser and got a message saying it couldn't be downloaded with a browser. It isn't showing up in the Nook app on my iPad at all.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #37
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have not read "Under the dome" yet but I want to believe that the plot is a little more complex than the dome thing seen in the Simpsons movie. As in, don't tell me that in the book, the main characters escape the dome by riding a motorbike fast enough so that the centrifugal force allows them to spiral-climb the inner walls of the dome to the summit as is the case in that Simpsons movie. right ? RIGHT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
*cough the plot of an episode of quantum leap cough*

under the dome was the plot from the simpsons movie.

imo king is creatively bankrupt.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #38
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Were you able to download it into the Nook app, or did you have to side load it?

I tried to download the book from the B&N website via my browser and got a message saying it couldn't be downloaded with a browser. It isn't showing up in the Nook app on my iPad at all.
And I figured it out! I (ahem) dusted off my technogeek skills and am now happily reading the book on my iPad. Video, too. Yay!

To Quexnos: You're safe. Under the Dome is a good read, more complex than the Simpson plot you described. It was one of the first books I read on my Nook, and I really enjoyed it. It was also the first Stephen King book I'd read in years. Well worth the time, if you ask me.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #39
mellina 52
Enthusiast
mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505. IPAD
I'm 300 pages in and I am loving it.
mellina 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #40
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
And I figured it out! I (ahem) dusted off my technogeek skills and am now happily reading the book on my iPad. Video, too. Yay!

To Quexnos: You're safe. Under the Dome is a good read, more complex than the Simpson plot you described. It was one of the first books I read on my Nook, and I really enjoyed it. It was also the first Stephen King book I'd read in years. Well worth the time, if you ask me.
Glad you figured it out. I bought my copy from Amazon, and I am reading it on the Kindle app.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #41
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!

Quote:
Glad you figured it out. I bought my copy from Amazon, and I am reading it on the Kindle app.
Thanks! If the Kindle app lets you read enhanced ebooks, I will keep that in mind the next time one that I want to read comes along.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #42
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Cannot buy a King ebook in South Africa. Simply not available. Boneheads
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #43
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I was toying with the idea of getting it but spent my money on a Kindle Touch. Now that they dropped the price to 14.99 I might as well give it a try anyway. Until I saw how this thread stopped abruptly a week ago. Now I'm wondering if that means the book turned out to be a big letdown halfway through. Does anyone still recommend it?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #44
TonyR
Connoisseur
TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, Jetbook Lite, iPod Touch
Finished it yesterday afternoon, and I recommend it without reservation. It's a terrific read -- long, yes, but this reader had no feeling of bloat. And I don't regret a penny of the 16.99.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #45
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Finished it yesterday afternoon, and I recommend it without reservation. It's a terrific read -- long, yes, but this reader had no feeling of bloat. And I don't regret a penny of the 16.99.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote