Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Question Win Temp file mess w/ Calibre?

So I just noticed Calibre left behind a HUGE number of files in my TEMP directories under Windows 7. I mean I expect it to write there pretty often, but it looks like it doesn't clean up after itself all that thoroughly.

It's easy enough to clean it up by hand, but I'm curious if this is just happening with me, or if its typical.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:34 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have certainly seen this in earlier Calibre releases but recent releases have done a much better job of cleaning up after themselves. However if you get any crashes then you are quite likely to see files left behind.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert