Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Adobe Digital Edition user, please help!

I drove to a library this morning about an hour from my home to get a library card so I can use the Clevnet site. Upon returning home I wanted to try to download a book. I borrowed 2 books and opened them to the Adobe Digital Edition software. I hooked up my 505 and it shows it being there. I drag the books over to it and it shows a green plus sign, like their going to it but when I unhook the reader they are not on it.
I am hoping that someone can help me and tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thank you!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Strange, cause it sounds like you're doing the right steps. You can also try using the Sony software to transfer the ebooks. The procedure is the same--just drag and drop.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey34 View Post
I drove to a library this morning about an hour from my home to get a library card so I can use the Clevnet site. Upon returning home I wanted to try to download a book. I borrowed 2 books and opened them to the Adobe Digital Edition software. I hooked up my 505 and it shows it being there. I drag the books over to it and it shows a green plus sign, like their going to it but when I unhook the reader they are not on it.
I am hoping that someone can help me and tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thank you!
On the Kindle, you have to make sure the books are loaded into the proper directory, for us, the 'documents' folder. Is it the same for you?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Interesting. Someone else in another thread said the same thing was happening to them. I can't recall how they resolved it. Unless that was you and you just started a new thread.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Did you authorize your computer and reader In Digital editions?? That might be why. If you go to library view, there should be a drop-down menu and one of the options is "authorize". Good luck.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #6
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
When borrowing books from from the library on Digital Editions you need to click 'open' and not 'save'. The file will be saved by the software and Digital Editions will automatically open.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:46 AM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
When borrowing books from from the library on Digital Editions you need to click 'open' and not 'save'. The file will be saved by the software and Digital Editions will automatically open.
yes, that's what I was going to say! You have to click open instead of save. Save will put it into the folder, and you'll need to import the book back into your library and open. Open, for library books, will save it right in there and you can drag them onto your reader. You'll know the drag thing is working when it copies the file right away. If you don't see it copy the file, it's not really putting it in there.

Quote:
Interesting. Someone else in another thread said the same thing was happening to them. I can't recall how they resolved it. Unless that was you and you just started a new thread.

BOb
That was me who posted before -- about trying to get epub files downloaded from feedbooks and they weren't copying over. I'm learning as I go. Pretty soon my tech IEP (below) will be upgraded to a 504 plan! (sorry, teacher, I think in terms of these types of assistance)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:02 AM   #8
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
. I'm learning as I go. Pretty soon my tech IEP (below) will be upgraded to a 504 plan! (sorry, teacher, I think in terms of these types of assistance)
I feel the same way about my technical/computer abilities and this is a great forum to learn new skills. My tech knowledge is only really sufficient for my own purposes, so I don't tend to answer technical queries, but I figure telling someone to click open instead of save on Digital Editions won't crash their system if it doesn't work!!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
I feel the same way about my technical/computer abilities and this is a great forum to learn new skills. My tech knowledge is only really sufficient for my own purposes, so I don't tend to answer technical queries,
I'm so glad I'm not alone! Feeling stupid can be normal for me on this site. On the few occasions I can actually answer a question, I get so excited
Old 04-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #10
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Good evening everyone,
Well I had a very full day and I didn't have a chance to check in. So I will fill you in now. Last night when I couldn't get the books onto my 505, I found the files in My Documents so I transferred them from there to my Ebook library. They transferred fine and I was then able to put them on my 505 and read them.
Now this evening I wanted to try again. So I found a book on the Clevnet site and I downloaded it. I opened it (not save) and it went into Adobe Digital. At this time I plugged in my 505. I then clicked on the book and drug it to the reader. This time it copied and worked! Now I did everything exactly as I did last night so I am not sure why it worked this time but not last night.
Anyway I just want to thank everyone for all their help!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Glad you got it to work! Enjoy your books