Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 03:11 AM   #1
SillyBear80
NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!
SillyBear80 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Question How to convert a Word Document

I have a Microsoft Word document that I would like, if possible, to put on my PRS 500. If I can convert it some how so that it can be put on the reader, I would really like the info on how to to do it. THANK YOU!!!!
SillyBear80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:07 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
If you have Word on your computer, the Sony software will convert the file for you. You can also save the file as RTF from Word and then transfer the RTF file to your reader.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBear80 View Post
I have a Microsoft Word document that I would like, if possible, to put on my PRS 500. If I can convert it some how so that it can be put on the reader, I would really like the info on how to to do it. THANK YOU!!!!
Set doc page size to 9 x 11,7 cm, pick the font you like and a font sice between 10 and 13 (depending on what you prefer). Print as pdf with the same page size. Voi la. You will keep all the formating of your doc in the pdf. The result is next to perfect. Check my link below called "Libro" for a sample. It is in Spanish but will show you the result of this procedure.

Turning it into rtf or lrf will lose format and font type. If you embed the font in the lrf you will lose page turn speed. 505 adapted pdfs are the best solution I have found, regarding to format and page turn speed. File size will be a little bigger.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
If you are happy with the fonts on your reader then just load in the Word document in the usual way. (If you are using the Sony ebook library software, then click on "file" and "import file" etc.) Italics and most formatting is preserved.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBear80 View Post
Sony eBookLibrary automatically converts Docs to RTF. RTF has very limited support on the SONY so if your doc is only text your okay.

If the document has images, links you might want to convert the document to an LRF.
You can use BookCreator with calibre to convert your word docs.
BookCreator is a template with macros that can build a LRF quite easily.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Sony eBookLibrary automatically converts Docs to RTF
... if you have Microsoft Office installed, I believe.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #7
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
... if you have Microsoft Office installed, I believe.
I think it only has to be Microsoft Word. You don't need the whole Office Suite.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote