Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Cheapest place to buy the Boox M92 ? (inside EU, based in UK)

Hi all! The dice is cast and I am buying the M92.
What's the best place to buy it if I'm in the UK?

Don't want the hassle of customs and potential import fees and silly shipping costs.

The price at Amazon is £239 which isn't bad at all... but I'm no big fan of Amazon after learning their shenanigans with UK taxes... and I wouldn't mind a smaller supplier if somebody knows one.
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Please,

Before posting, take few seconds to check the forum and search for an answer to your question, like this : Where to buy a Onyx M92

The best place is : http://ereader-store.de/en/, with a special offer at this moment.

The support is very important. Booxtor (http://ereader-store.de/en/) make some efforts to support the users and give us the new firmwares available in this forum.

There is two flavors of M92, one is protected by a special password and the firmwares present here can't be used.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
imanzano
imanzano began at the beginning.

I have bought a few days ago the M92 at ereader-store.de for 312,10 €. I think its a great price and I appreciate the support, all posts I have read tell the goodnesses of this shop. I will have it in four days (shipped to spain).
imanzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #4
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
I've ordered from Booxtor's shop to UK - no probs whatsoever and as others have already mentioned the support you get is great.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #5
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
I bought i62hd and later M92 both in ereader-store.de
The other option could be the Polish distributor Artatech that is slightly cheaper but IMHO it's better ereader-store.de (Booxtor) because
-it includes cover and charger
-Booxtor gives support in this forum
-you are not tied to specific firmware

Last edited by Manolo; 08-24-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
sinisterpenguin
sinisterpenguin began at the beginning.

Device: Oynx M92
I just wish the e-reader store allowed you to pay directly by card or use paypal.
sinisterpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterpenguin View Post
I just wish the e-reader store allowed you to pay directly by card or use paypal.
I pay per credit card
Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
I bought i62hd and later M92 both in ereader-store.de
The other option could be the Polish distributor Artatech that is slightly cheaper but IMHO it's better ereader-store.de (Booxtor) because
-it includes cover and charger
-Booxtor gives support in this forum
-you are not tied to specific firmware
I wanted to check out Artatech just in case, but I am not seeing the opportunity to buy anything there...? the language localisation needs a bit more work to be honest...

Edit: Trying to pay at the e-reader.com store, and they are using some totally ridiculous payment processor that won't let me pay with my Visa and Mastercard, saying it's linked to another account or whatver. Despite never having shopped with them before!

Last edited by martienne; 09-03-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #9
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Edit: Trying to pay at the e-reader.com store, and they are using some totally ridiculous payment processor that won't let me pay with my Visa and Mastercard, saying it's linked to another account or whatver. Despite never having shopped with them before!
I've paid with my Mastercard without trouble at http://ereader-store.de. Try to contact them :
https://ereader-store.de/en/contact-us . But, be careful, it's possible that an account with the same login already exist in this shop. You could try to use an other login.

Last edited by Randy11; 09-04-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #10
Manolo
Addict

I paid with VISA card without any problem.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #11
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
I paid with VISA card without any problem.
They are using Skrill as a payment provider, which is formerly known as Moneybookers. For some obscure reason I've got an account with this payment processor. I didn't realise it was Moneybookers because it was using a new name and a completely different look and feel.
So the problem was that I had an old account with Moneybookers using the same cards but a different email address...

It's too bad they don't sell the little lamp for the M92 at the ebookreader.de store!
Don't know where I'm going to get it from...
Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #12
Manolo
Addict

Yes. It's Mobeybookers.

I use a Mighty Bright Xtraflex 2 lamp. You can buy it in Amazon.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #13
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Well that payment provider is right dodgy. They should get something a bit more respectable. It's used on the seedier side of the internet so to speak.
In a way I like that they don't use Paypal, since it's in the pocket of big corporations and the US gov't. But it took me around 5 tries and and one call to my credit card provider to get this through. They flagged it as a suspicious transaction.

Would be cool and very revolutionary if they took Bitcoin for instance!

Ok, I guess I'd best get that lamp from Amazon then! Thanks Manolo!