Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Question Shell for e-ink device?

Does a shell for a e-ink device exists?

If not, how much will be complicated to adapt an open source shell for Android?
https://github.com/jackpal/Android-T...-Emulator/wiki
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Does a shell for a e-ink device exists?

If not, how much will be complicated to adapt an open source shell for Android?
https://github.com/jackpal/Android-T...-Emulator/wiki
Are you looking for a shell or a terminal emulator?

If you're looking for a shell, Kobo devices already ship with one. Just enable telnet. (Instructions can be found on this forum.)

I haven't heard of a terminal emulator for Kobo devices. It would be possible to create one, I just don't think it's a high priority given the lack of internal keyboard and slow screen refreshes.
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Thank you! Do you know if it's possible to enable SSH instead of telnet?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I haven't tried SSH, but these instructions should work:

http://a3nm.net/blog/fnacbook_kobo_hacking.html

(Search for dropbear.)
Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Thank you! Do you know if it's possible to enable SSH instead of telnet?
Lucas, when you turn on usbnet in KoboLauncher, it also starts ssh server (dropbear).
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Ah, thank you both! Your Launcher apps are full of surprises