Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
goldy319
Edge User

getting pics into the gallery

i transferred my pictures to my PE but their not showing up in the image gallery. how would i go about getting them into there. i wanted to make them for wallpaper for the tablet & reader screens. i also got on some unopened pics, "error opening file, please try again later". would anyone know what that's all about. tia

Old 03-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy319 View Post
i transferred my pictures to my PE but their not showing up in the image gallery. how would i go about getting them into there. i wanted to make them for wallpaper for the tablet & reader screens. i also got on some unopened pics, "error opening file, please try again later". would anyone know what that's all about. tia
Did you actually move or copy the image to the eDGe or just added it to the library?
Adding to the library makes a copy only available to the library and not the gallery.
In order to see pictures in the gallery you have to move or copy the actual file into the folder of your choice. Hope this helps you.

Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
borisb
Edge User

Just to amplify one point by sjarrel: you do not need to add photos (or music files) to the Library unless you need to attach them to an ebook. The built in Gallery and Music Player will scan all locations outside the Library for images and music files and list them for you to view/play, including Wallpaper.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
goldy319
Edge User

sjarrel, i moved them to the library. i followed the user guide "adding content to your library". obviously i did it wrong. how do i move them to the image gallery. i'm so stuck on stupid when it comes to this. tia

Old 03-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
goldy319
Edge User

borisb, what is the public folder, is that where i have to put them, as you can see i'm at a total loss. thank you for any (ashamed to say) step by step instructions. tia

Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy319 View Post
sjarrel, i moved them to the library. i followed the user guide "adding content to your library". obviously i did it wrong. how do i move them to the image gallery. i'm so stuck on stupid when it comes to this. tia
Actually you don't have to move them to the gallery. The gallery recognizes automatically the image or audiofiles you have on a SD-card, a usb-stick/flashdrive, external harddrive and the internal memory. So it's more simple than you think. Do yo have an image on a flashdrive? Put it in the eDGe and that's all!

Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
borisb
Edge User

sjarrel's suggestion is a good idea. Having stuff on a flashdrive (usb memory key) makes it transportable among devices and easy to maintain and access.

For now, you can move your content out of the Library and into the regular file system as follows:
- tap "Library" on the home screen
- tap "Images"
- tap the checkmark at the top right corner
- tap each image so that it shows a checkmark in its top right corner
- tap "Export" at the bottom of the screen
- tap "Internal Storage" (not the "Select" button)
- tap the "Select" button beside "documents" in the list of folders

This will copy the selected images to the "documents" folder. You should then reselect them in Library and this time tap "Delete" at the bottom of the screen to free up the space in your Library.

The images should now show up in Gallery, although it may take a few minutes for the Gallery to find and index the images.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
goldy319
Edge User

BORISB!! i have nothing but loooove for ya honey. you are the bestest of the best! you gave me perfect down to the bone directions. everything went smooth as silk. i now have my wallpaper with my picture & also put an image on the reader screen. thank you also sjarrel.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
borisb
Edge User

Excellent