Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
pawn
pawn began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Well, a friend of mine with a K1 went with me and bought the other Reader - so now all 6 stores within about 25 miles of me are now out of them. But I got my silver one.
pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
As soon as I go the coupon, I went to Borders.com and reserved the reader at my local Borders that way. I was there last night and they were almost all gone.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #18
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
YMMV, but before everyone wastes their time, I tried price matching at Best Buy and Target, but they won't price match because it's a coupon and not an actual advertised sale

As for me, I put a PRS-505 on hold at Borders (the first one I called said they couldn't do this, but the 2nd one I called did). It was the last one in the store. Let's see if they keep to their promise.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
YMMV, but before everyone wastes their time, I tried price matching at Best Buy and Target, but they won't price match because it's a coupon and not an actual advertised sale

As for me, I put a PRS-505 on hold at Borders (the first one I called said they couldn't do this, but the 2nd one I called did). It was the last one in the store. Let's see if they keep to their promise.
I'm not certain - but I think they have to honor the hold if you do it through the website (not sure about the phone) but it's only for 24 hours.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #20
Modern Bear
Modern Bear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & 700
Good news! I did finally find one left at a Borders after all, the only one left in my whole area. I asked them to hold it, went up a few hours later and got it. A nice dark blue 505 and for a great price YAY!
Modern Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #21
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Bear View Post
Good news! I did finally find one left at a Borders after all, the only one left in my whole area. I asked them to hold it, went up a few hours later and got it. A nice dark blue 505 and for a great price YAY!
YEA!!!! Congratulations, Modern Bear. Persistence does pay off I have a *BLUE* one also, and just bought one for my mom with the coupon deal. Our local Borders was nice enough to hold one for me and to use a coupon they had there to scan in the $199 price. They were soooo nice. I have it registered with mine and all loaded for her. Have fun with your new toy.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #22
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Bear View Post
Thats awesome!!! How LUCKY you are!! Mine is blue too. Enjoy! Let us know how you like it! Soon you'll be addicted, I'm sure.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #23
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
For all those wondering, my borders held their LAST sony reader just for me, as promised. I felt bad because another woman came in looking for it. I even talked to her a little bit about whether or not she should get the Kindle (I still recommended the Sony). But, I did reserve it first, so I can't feel too bad.

It's silver, unfortunately. I was hoping for a blue, but for $200 you can't be picky.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #24
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
For all those wondering, my borders held their LAST sony reader just for me, as promised. I felt bad because another woman came in looking for it. I even talked to her a little bit about whether or not she should get the Kindle (I still recommended the Sony). But, I did reserve it first, so I can't feel too bad.

It's silver, unfortunately. I was hoping for a blue, but for $200 you can't be picky.
Congratulations!! I had great luck at my Borders also. They were very nice. Have fun reading!!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #25
Modern Bear
Modern Bear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & 700
Thanks all. I am pretty lucky that nobody actually snatched up that last one by now. I was kind of surprised really. I had to drive almost an hour but it was worth it. The screen is nice and clear, clearer than my wife's 700 but lacking the touchscreen. I'm only using it for ebooks though so I don't mind. I just ordered a M-edge cover for it too via Andy's link so he'll be making another buck off me for this cover

Thanks for reminding me to register it dreams. I actually forgot about that until I read your post
Modern Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #26
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Not quite 199 but Vanns has it for $238.98

* I know I'm double posting but I just want people who can take advantage of the price to see it
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #27
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Go to 'Settings' then 'About'. Version should be 1.1.00.18040
Mine says 1.1.01.25200 - purchased @ Costco a couple of weeks ago.

-- Rique
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #28
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique View Post
Mine says 1.1.01.25200 - purchased @ Costco a couple of weeks ago.
I believe that's the firmware from the UK - odd, if you bought it in the US.

You can download the updated US firmware here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=PRS505
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #29
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
I believe that's the firmware from the UK - odd, if you bought it in the US.
Hi, Kate!

I'm no expert, but from what I've read here and elsewhere, 1.1.x firmware upgrades are US revisions. UK would be 1.2.x, I think French (?) is 1.3.x (not certain about 1.3).

Others here have purchased 505s at Target, or from Dell and they also came with 1.1.01.25200 - it looks like the 1.1.00.18040 is the latest update posted on Sony's support site - however for those of us who already have the 1.1.01.25200 rev, I would think that is actually the newest shipping version of the US firmware - the numbering schema sure seems to indicate that. For some reason, Sony has yet to post it as an update, however.

Clear as mud?

... and I think this means I can't use PRS Customizer unless I downgrade (or not until PRS-C is updated).

-- Rique
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote