Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Ford, Paul Leicester: Wanted - A Chaperon. v1. 18 Jan 2009

What happens when you combine a naive country girl, bad weather, and New York's numbered street system?

Paul Leicester Ford's "Wanted - A Chaperon" was published in 1902 and illustrated by Howard Chandler Christy and with decorations by Margaret Armstrong in the Art Nouveau style.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Paul Leicester Ford (1865 - 1902) was an American novelist and biographer, born in Brooklyn. He was the great-grandson (through his mother's family) of Noah Webster and the brother of the noted historian Worthington C. Ford. He wrote lives of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and others, edited the works of Thomas Jefferson, and wrote a number of novels, which had considerable success, including The Honorable Peter Stirling (1894), Story of an Untold Love, Janice Meredith, Wanted a Matchmaker, and Wanted a Chaperon. He was murdered by his brother, Malcolm Webster Ford, at one time the most famous amateur athlete in the United States, who then committed suicide.
This is my first upload so bear with me. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Wanted - A Chaperon.lrf (39.6 KB, 470 views)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just now read that this was your first upload attempt, so I wanted to say: CONGRATULATIONS!

I personally don't read romance, but I know it's a category that is popular, so thank you for working on this and making it available. Don't stop with one book, now!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just now read that this was your first upload attempt, so I wanted to say: CONGRATULATIONS!

I personally don't read romance, but I know it's a category that is popular, so thank you for working on this and making it available. Don't stop with one book, now!

Don
I've uploaded a few (but only in LRF). Thanks!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote