Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Reminder: Chicago meet-up, 22 November 2008

The details of the Chicago meet-up have been finalised:

Chicago Meet-Up:

November 22nd, 4:00pm
Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwiches
6 E. Madison St.
Chicago, IL

So far: 2 (maybe 3) + 1 imaginary friend.

Agenda: Nothing. Chat. Walk around.

See also this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31686
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Be there, or be... elsewhere?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Wow -- a purty picture, even!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We are hoping that you will continue the tradition of taking a few meet-up pictures too.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #5
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's nice to have hope, Patricia.

For example, I'm hoping that we more than just Deb and I. I'm not, umm, quite ready to start dating. :awkward:
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader

Well, PM everyone else who expressed an interest in that thread.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Repeat after me, "We are just friends. We are just friends meeting for the first time face-to-face. We are just friends. We are just friends because no one takes an ebook reader on a date."

Feel better now?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Besides, I'm 11 years too old for you. Though that's how many years my husband is older than me. I've a strong suspicion he'll want to come too. And he reads on him Palm pda, so that counts.

P.S. what do we take pictures of? I haven't seen face pics that I recall. Just the location and the liseuses? Or have I just not *seen* the actual outing of people's faces?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #9
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Deb. Don't worry. It's normal jitters about meeting people. If it's just the two of us, we'll have a nice lunch, chat a bit, and go on with the day. If more can come, then we'll have a more interesting time. If it's you and your husband, I'd love to meet him and get some more perspectives on Chicago.

Plus, I still want that tour! I joined the "Science" Chicago meet-up. Maybe we can make plans to get a whole group out there?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Guess it will be just me, from here. He really does have a meeting all day on Saturday. But yeah -- we'll chat; I'll see what a Sony reader is like; and maybe see what a downtown Chicago apartment is like. As long as I make it back to the train station and back home before the dogs need to go out!

P.S. I had those same jitters last week, but I've gotten over it.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #11
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I would have liked to join in this weekend but will be up near Wisconsin all day Saturday.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #12
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Some other time, then.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Man, is that an old photo. If memory serves, that is from 1997, the 100th anniversary of the Tribune Newspaper, hence all "the silly lites" (trademark dealie goes here) on their building.

Good Times.

Have fun kids.

Ironically, the weather here in South Cackolack is colder than back in Chicago.

Before I forget: I want pictures of that Enormous Cranium!
;=-
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:04 AM   #14
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
We have posted pictures from time-to-time of the meet-ups. There are pictures of the Paris, DC, Texas, and Alabama meet-ups floating around the place. Some people do not want their face posted in an open forum and these wishes are respected. Sometimes this results in people being cut out and just the hand and the reader are showm.

We were lucky at the DC meet-up because Nate brought his fantastic collection of readers. And yes, Bob Russell does look just like his avatar. (Then again Nate and I also look like our avatars.) Cassidym is actually shown in his avatar. In Texas there was even a shot of VR's pet human. (Crazy place made VR wait outside, they said the Health Department didn't want him in the restaurant.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #15
dcbcreative
Window shopper...
dcbcreative doesn't litterdcbcreative doesn't litter

Device: Interested in the iRex Digital Reader
Indeed... ...Make that three/four + imaginary friend. Though had I known sooner I would have invited mine too.

Check out that photo of ye old Chicago up there. The Sun Times building (Forground left) doesn't even exist anymore, its been replace by the Trump Tower as seen below:

Shiny.

Not sure how folks here feel about being in front of a camera (I know I prefer to be behind it), but I'll bring mine along should anything visually noteworthy appear.

Last edited by dcbcreative; 11-20-2008 at 02:22 AM.
dcbcreative is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicago, meet-up