Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
idt1971
idt1971 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Question Sony PRS505 loosing metadata

Hi
Hoping someone can help I have just bought a Sony PRS505 and i have tried downloading some PDF and word documents via Calibre. I have managed to use Calibre to correct the Author and Title using the add books with the expression. But when i try to send the books to the PRS505 i loose all the Metadata .Does anyone have a solution or know what i am doing wrong.

Thanks for the Help
Ian
idt1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by idt1971 View Post
Hi
Hoping someone can help I have just bought a Sony PRS505 and i have tried downloading some PDF and word documents via Calibre. I have managed to use Calibre to correct the Author and Title using the add books with the expression. But when i try to send the books to the PRS505 i loose all the Metadata .Does anyone have a solution or know what i am doing wrong.

Thanks for the Help
Ian
Calibre doesn't modify the metadata in the ebook files directly. It only stores the info in a database.

If you convert the ebooks to LRF or ePUB format the metadata you have entered will be used to create the resulting ebook file. That said, you can't convert protected ebooks, and converting from PDF will not always result in a good conversion.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2008, 04:35 AM   #3
idt1971
idt1971 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Thanks for the reply BOb is there a simple way to edit the Metadata so the the PDF data matches what is in Calibre ? non of my PDF are protected but from what you say in your reply it sounds like i would loose quality if i convert ?

Again thanks for the reply and sorry about the double post i did not know what forum to post in
idt1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:35 AM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
There's a Windows utility to edit PDF metadata - BeCyPDFMetaEdit
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote