Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
ippopom
Enthusiast
ippopom began at the beginning.

Device: palm tungsten T5
Question how to subctract a part of filename ??

Hi to all

I'm trying to import some ebook in my library.
Using regular expression to exctract author and title from filename ((?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+)) work fine but I need to subctract a string from filename that is not part of the title but it repeat in all filenames.

Under an example:

David Green - The great war (philiph collection)

importing this ebook the result is:

Author: David Green ....that is ok
Title: The great war (philip collection)

I need to avoid the string :"(philip collection)" from all imported ebook.

Is there a way to do that ?

really TnX in advance for help.

By Ippopom
ippopom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippopom View Post
Hi to all

I'm trying to import some ebook in my library.
Using regular expression to exctract author and title from filename ((?P<author>[^_]+) - (?P<title>.+)) work fine but I need to subctract a string from filename that is not part of the title but it repeat in all filenames.

Under an example:

David Green - The great war (philiph collection)

importing this ebook the result is:

Author: David Green ....that is ok
Title: The great war (philip collection)

I need to avoid the string :"(philip collection)" from all imported ebook.

Is there a way to do that ?

really TnX in advance for help.

By Ippopom
The bulk metadata editor has a search and replace (on a tab).

do you know REGEX ?
\(.+\) should trap the paren and contents, you will need more patterns
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
ippopom
Enthusiast

Sorry theducks but I don't understand your answer .... (my English level I suppose sorry again)
Old 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
theducks is suggesting you remove the offending text from the title after it is imported, by using the bulk metadata editor. Look in Edit metadata > Edit metadata in bulk -> Search and replace.

In your case replacing " (philip collection)" with nothing should be all you need.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
ippopom
Enthusiast

tnx both for answer. I found the option in bulk metadata and I'll try (after a backup .
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippopom View Post
tnx both for answer. I found the option in bulk metadata and I'll try (after a backup .
Backups are good
specially when trying new stuff.

good luck The nice thing about the Bulk Search and replace tool, is you can see the results before you commit
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote