Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Question Best source to buy Kobo Touch from New Zealand?

With the $NZ now in freefall now might be a good time to ask! :
Who is it best to buy a Kobo Touch from if you want it shipped to New Zealand? The first wave of Australasian buyers seem to get them from Borders. But now that Borders is closing what is the new best alternative?

I don't think I want to wait until Whitcoulls start stocking them here because the only hint was that it might happen before Xmas, (ref: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10735501) and I expect the price to be at least NZ$200, although it would be nice to have a local buy for the warranty.
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I would try www.frys.com they have them for sale on web site and is reputable company.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I would try www.frys.com they have them for sale on web site and is reputable company.
Yes, looks like a solid option. But the site quoted a charge of more than US$70 for shipping! I don't think I can stomach that!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
$70 is outrageous shipping charge unless it is for air freight. Does that include high import duty? Best Buy also sells them from web site with in store pick up. Don't know about their international shipping charges. With today's world economic problems lets hope they don't start protectionist tariff trade war again.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
rjcroy
Bibliophile

No, there are no import duty on almost all goods in New Zealand. It probably will not even attract the NZ sales tax.

Yeah, for US$75 I would expect it to be hand delivered by the CEO of the company! It's a small box, and weighs almost nothing.

Best Buy US - Only ship to US states (Guam etc.)
Fry's US - $75 shipping
Chapter Indigo CAN - Don't ship international
Walmart CAN - Don't ship international
Future Shop CAN - Don't ship international
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
$70! Anyone would think it weighed a ton. I was lucky enough to get one from Borders a month or so ago - they only charged $9USD to ship to NZ. Hope you can find one soon, they are great devices
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #7
rjcroy
Bibliophile

In the end I took an opportunity and bought a Kobo Touch from FRYS.com and had it shipped to a colleague on a business trip in California. He received it today.

Still no reasonable shipping charge option for shipping to NZ available that I can find though.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Fry's have a nasty habit of putting readers on sale and only allowing in store purchases.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote