Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #1
joshmosh
Enthusiast
joshmosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Screen refresh changed?

Is it just my imagination, or has the latest update (1.9.8 and 1.9.9) changed the way pages are refreshed on the KT? Whenever the screen refreshes, it seems to be doing so slower than before, like it is being more deliberate with redrawing the screen. This is a little bit annoying as I prefer it to flash as quick as possible.

Maybe I am imagining it and it has always refreshed in this style/manner.
joshmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Try looking at your settings by clicking in the middle of the book page and choose the first icon on the right. Then choose advanced setting and change the full page refresh to a higher number.
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #3
joshmosh
Enthusiast

That's not what I mean though. It has nothing to do with being annoyed with the refresh, I LIKE it to refresh every page. It just seems the refresh itself has slowed down. Like instead of taking .5 seconds to refresh it is stretched out a little longer and seems more "deliberate." On the flipside the Kindle refreshes/flashes very quickly. The Kobo used to feel like this and I am wondering if this has subtly changed in the latest firmwares or if I am just losing it? :P

Hopefully someone understands what I'm saying.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
DizzC
Enthusiast
DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmosh View Post
That's not what I mean though. It has nothing to do with being annoyed with the refresh, I LIKE it to refresh every page. It just seems the refresh itself has slowed down. Like instead of taking .5 seconds to refresh it is stretched out a little longer and seems more "deliberate." On the flipside the Kindle refreshes/flashes very quickly. The Kobo used to feel like this and I am wondering if this has subtly changed in the latest firmwares or if I am just losing it? :P

Hopefully someone understands what I'm saying.
I get what you are saying but I personally have not noticed a change in refesh speed.
DizzC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
joshmosh
Enthusiast

Alright...maybe it's my imagination, or the fact I was sitting out in the bright sunshine!
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #6
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmosh View Post
Alright...maybe it's my imagination, or the fact I was sitting out in the bright sunshine!
Was the bright sunshine making the day particularly warm and perhaps humid too? It might account for your perception of slowness then, if the processor in the little ereader is becoming more sluggish because of greatly increased warmth and humidity. There are similar threads in the Sony and Kindle forums about slow page turns, and the one common factor is that these ereaders are very sensitive to extreme temperatures.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Was the bright sunshine making the day particularly warm and perhaps humid too? It might account for your perception of slowness then, if the processor in the little ereader is becoming more sluggish because of greatly increased warmth and humidity.
Almost certainly the problem. I know my Touch gets laggy when I'm reading outside on a sunny day...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote