Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-12-2014, 05:47 AM   #1636
steo88
steo88 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Two columns mode

First of all, thank you very much for the impressive update you are releasing!!

However I think that if this e-reader had the two columns mode would be impassable. Is there any hope that some developers may add this mode?

steo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #1637
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by steo88 View Post
However I think that if this e-reader had the two columns mode would be impassable. Is there any hope that some developers may add this mode?
I'm not sure to understand. You don't like the multi-column mode ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #1638
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klastes View Post
Hello. I know the way to change software from arta -tech to boxtor both ways tested with newest firmware.
I have prepared by my own a special firmware to change vendor.
Hi,
Have you wrote a new firmware ? Something to use Booxtor's firmware or ArtaTech's firmware ?

Sorry, it's not very clear for me, the english is not my language.
Can you explain please ?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #1639
Klastes
Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS - 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Hi,
Have you wrote a new firmware ? Something to use Booxtor's firmware or ArtaTech's firmware ?

Sorry, it's not very clear for me, the english is not my language.
Can you explain please ?
Hi. No this is a not new firmware. I' ve repacked original firmwares with different codes to use it to change the vendor . It works.
Klastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #1640
Randy11
Wizard

You haven't the problem of passwords between http://ereader-store.eu (Booxtor) 's model and ArtaTech ?

Could you use you firmware with both devices ?
Old 03-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #1641
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I guess he knows the passwords or even knows how to change the password in the reader.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #1642
Klastes
Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS - 505
Yes. I've successful changed firmware in m92 bought in ereader.store.de to polish one and back to German.
Now I use artatech because is more stable, less bugs unfortunetly no multitascing.

Last edited by Klastes; 03-18-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Klastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:24 AM   #1643
Heawe
Heawe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Boox Pocketbook Inkpad3
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
UPD 2013.12.04

Newest update including multitasking and some new PDF features

ereader-store.de/DATA/update-20131204.zip

Detailed release notes will be added later.
I am not able to update to this update.

Tried the usual Update steps here
http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

1. Download the firmware in zip format and copy it to an empty SD card (No need to unzip the firmware, the name of the firmware should be update-2012xxxx.zip)
2. Turn the device off. If you are not sure if the device is power off, please press “reset” button at the back side of the device
3. Insert TF card.
On M92 Press joystick OK button and hold it, then press power button.
4. When it shows “software update request detected, Checking updates” at the bottom of the screen, release OK / BACK button. It takes around 5-7 minutes to finish the updating. The device will shut down automatically after the update is completed
5. After the update is completed, please start the device and go to “about” to check the Firmware Version to make sure the update is successful.

At Step 4 I release the OK Joystick button while holding the Power button - nothing happened (light goes out)

If I Release both buttons the M92 boots the system without any information about successful update and if I check the firmware version it's still the old

Also tried to recover MFG-Tool and then updating, but without success.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=82

In the recovery MFG-Tool is the image of the firmware from July 2013 included. Any possibility that anyone can update this with the latest from December 2013 or can describe how to manage this?
Heawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #1644
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I think, you should release Power button first and OK button after that. So, I would rephrase the instructions:

"On M92 Press joystick OK button and hold it, then press power button and release it, while still holding OK button"

The white in black message (quite small) “software update request detected, Checking updates” should should show up on botttom of the screen.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #1645
Heawe
Heawe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Boox Pocketbook Inkpad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I think, you should release Power button first and OK button after that. So, I would rephrase the instructions:

"On M92 Press joystick OK button and hold it, then press power button and release it, while still holding OK button"

The white in black message (quite small) “software update request detected, Checking updates” should should show up on botttom of the screen.
Thank you Mono that works for me. But then the description is wrong on ereader-store.de or my english is too bad.

"On M92 Press joystick OK button and hold it, then press power button.
4. When it shows “software update request detected, Checking updates” at the bottom of the screen, release OK / BACK button. It takes around 5-7 minutes to finish the updating. The device will shut down automatically after the update is completed"

Joystick = ok Button
power button
Heawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #1646
Mono
Mono

You are right, that the description may be a bit confuzing and could be also understood in a way, that power button should be released after or together with OK button.

But most people have understood it correctly. Probably did things intuitevely and did not study the instructions precisely.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:17 AM   #1647
steo88
steo88 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I'm not sure to understand. You don't like the multi-column mode ?
What I am saying is that for reading a scientific journal would be fantastic having a reading mode which automatically passes from the left column to the right one.

However there has been huge improvements in the firmware and it is already greate as it is.
steo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #1648
Mono
Mono

That is what muticolumn mode on M92 does, or not?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #1649
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
PDF-Multicolumn Mode on M92 which is able to correctly navigate thru multicolumns just with the page forward button ->.

left column top -> left column bottom -> right column top -> right column bottom etc.

example 2 columns a page
{Paper Mode, Zoom 200%, Page Settings->Auto Detect Margins}

example 3 columns a page
{Paper Mode, Zoom 300%, Page Settings->Auto Detect Margins}
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #1650
smihaila
smihaila began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
IMO GitHub is the right place to look for passwords...

@pepe_alter_ego, I'll prepare these as soon as I'll have some spare time.
Hi seaniko7,

I appreciate if you could help me with a PM for those passwords? Or at least, what's the sub-project to look for under github? Thanks a lot.
smihaila is offline   Reply With Quote