Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
fcm52
Steppenwolf
fcm52 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle Touch, Kindle 4 & Kindle Keyboard
Just a Matter of Formats

Hi, I am a Kindle user and just bought a Nook ST only because of the epub format. Do you think that epub and Nook have any bennefits on Kindle and mobi that justify having both? I don't like very much the idea of using Calibre for converting formats because sometimes it bringsm me problems. Thank you for helping me out.
fcm52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The more modern Kindle KF8 format is essentially "ePub in a wrapper" and converts seamlessly to and from ePub, supporting all the "rich formatting" that ePub provides. Format is really not a reason any more to choose a reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
fcm52
Steppenwolf

But can I use the new KF8 with Kindle touch, Kindle 4 and Kindle 3? Tkx.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, you can. You need to upgrade your K3 to firmware version 3.4 if you've not already done so.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
fcm52
Steppenwolf

Ok Harry, I thank you very much for your kind and useful advise.
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You're very welcome .
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I did the same thing, I have a simple touch along with my kindle however for a different reason that you have yours. I don't like to be in the situation of being forced to run around town looking for a reader so I can read on something. So I have a simple touch to backup my kindle, although I tend to prefer my kindle over the simple touch.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote