Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
A new version of Under the Dome?

So I started reading Under the Dome and I wanted to get the picture of the town so I can look at it when I need to. dont ask...
ANyhow, I went to the manage your kindle section of amazon, clicked on under the dome, and the page was no longer.
I sear amazon for the book again and sure as hell, it is there but it does not show up as me purchasing the book?
I dont get it. I can still send the book that shows up under my account to my kindle

Wierd
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I was still able to find it with search. It's still on my Manage Your Kindle page and I was able to send it to my iPod Touch but if I clicked on the book to go the "buy page" the link was broken.

Edit: I re-read your post and I have the same issue of it not recognizing that I already purchased it.

Last edited by daffy4u; 01-01-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: I read but didn't comprrehend completely. :)
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder if they removed the book and put it back on.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I wonder if they removed the book and put it back on.
Usually they email you if they do that. It happened with a book I was reading last year, I got an email that they were swapping the version I downloaded for an updated one. I also got a slight credit for it.

Once I had an issue where the Kindle didn't see a book I purchased...but Amazon's website had a record of it and I was able to send it to my Kindle.
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
SirBC
Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
I too liked referring back to the picture of the town when reading. I printed this out:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	under the dome.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	42442  
SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
aslterp
aslterp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
during the pre-order period Amazon changed the ISBN (e-book equivalent of ISBN I forget what it is called) at least twice. so maybe the one downloaded to your Kindle was one of the ones that became obsolete. I read this in a blog I follow and they suggested cancelling the order and re-order through the new number. I did this - for my son - but I haven't checked to see how it looks on my Manage My Kindle page - it is on his Kindle though

Sharon
aslterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
I too liked referring back to the picture of the town when reading. I printed this out:
Thanks! I printed it out, and will be using it when I get around to reading it.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
Thanks for the map!
I printed it out just to see, what is happening where.
I got the hardcopy for christmas and the e-book together with some hundreds of other e-books from a friend in the philippines. Did not start jet but will try to read the hardcopy and the e-book at the same time. just have to find a way how to synchronize that.

what the op wrote is just the reason, why i bought a sony 505 and no kindle!
noone can get your book from a sony reader, if you got it out of your account and on your device or hdd.

keep reading
harry
reading right now:
Dan Brown - lost symbol
Karl May - durchs wilde Kurdistan
Motorcycling for dummies
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I've bought it as well, I didn't notice it disappear.

Temporary issue maybe? But anyway it's a good read so far!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #10
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
I've bought it as well, I didn't notice it disappear.

Temporary issue maybe? But anyway it's a good read so far!
Good read though have you noticed the misspelled words? And I dont mean the lang words or the ones written wrong so they sound how some people talk...
and also, notice how when they talk about ammunition they seem to forget the space between the word and the caliber.
like "he took out his.38 revolver"