Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
ricardo123
ricardo123 began at the beginning.

Device: Handspring Visor
Jetbook Lite battery tests

My mum's JBL just arrived from Ebay today. It's excellent. Does the job it's required. When the Duracell Ultras on my old Handspring Visor PDA finally die, I will probably buy another JBL for myself.

Which leads me to the question: has anyone ever scientifically tested real-world battery life on the JBL? How many hours would 4 aa Duracell Ultra's last? Or 2000mn / 2700 mn Duracell rechargeables? I would really be looking for about 40 hours from the ultras.

Thanks
ricardo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I ran some tests of the standard NiMH rechargables a while back, in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74936

Not exactually "scientific" but they were specific to use in the JBL.

You should be able to expect between 25 and 30 hours of actual reading time per charge
of a set of the standard Made in Japan 2300mAh NiMH rechargables.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Max Introvert
Max Introvert began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I would also suggest specifically looking for the "low self-discharge" or "pre-charged" variant of NiMH rechargeables, if you're going that route. The capacity rating may be a bit lower, but I believe they are much better suited to the usage pattern of an ebook reader.
Max Introvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Introvert View Post
I would also suggest specifically looking for the "low self-discharge" or "pre-charged" variant of NiMH rechargeables, if you're going that route. The capacity rating may be a bit lower, but I believe they are much better suited to the usage pattern of an ebook reader.
Hmm... Amazing...You might want to read the thread I provided the link to.

The Eneloops are very good batteries, Made in Japan.

It all really does hang on what your usage pattern is, if you will be charging
a set of batteries and then not using them for a month, the LSD feature may
come into play. If you expect to only use your ereader a few hours a month,
then the LSD batteries would be a very good idea.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-01-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote