Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #16
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
So will adding this code fix the titles without any embeded fonts fix the need for the samp code?

For example I do not embed any fonts, due to font license restrictions.
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
ibillabong
ibillabong began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ah, I see Adjust.

I presume that you are using iOS system fonts then? This will work even if you don't have any embedded fonts, BUT the fonts referenced must match the font name exactly as listed on iosfonts.com
ibillabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibillabong View Post
Ah, I see Adjust.

I presume that you are using iOS system fonts then? This will work even if you don't have any embedded fonts, BUT the fonts referenced must match the font name exactly as listed on iosfonts.com
You can also use a generic font family name, e.g. serif, sans-serif, cursive, fantasy, and monospace. And AFAIK, iBooks handles font fallback correctly, so you can specify multiple fonts in order of preference, ending with a generic font family name, and iBooks should do the right thing.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote