Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Buying a Reader Store gift card

Hi all,

I'm heading to the US this weekend for some shopping, and I wondered if someone could direct me to a store (bricks & mortar) that sells Reader Store gift cards? I know I can buy them online, but I have actual cash to spend and don't want to use my credit card.

Thanks,
January
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
jolfc
Enthusiast
jolfc began at the beginning.

Device: nook glow light
when i went to new york(I live in the u.k normally)i stocked up on sony gift cards from borders the smallest amount you could get was $25.i am not sure if borders still exist in the u.s.a as they are gone in the u.k now.hope this helps.i went to u.s.a at begining of 2009.
jolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You can buy them at Target and Borders, I know for sure, and I believe you can also get them at Best Buy. Target will probably be your best bet (there are more of those around). You'll want to go to the electronics section, the gift cards are next to the Reader display. Asking for them might not help you, I've asked a Target employee before and they said they didn't have them (two minutes later I found them).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
JanuaryF
Connoisseur

Thanks so much! I was planning on hitting Target anyways, so its great to know that they carry them!

Thanks,
January
Old 02-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryF View Post
Hi all,

I'm heading to the US this weekend for some shopping, and I wondered if someone could direct me to a store (bricks & mortar) that sells Reader Store gift cards? I know I can buy them online, but I have actual cash to spend and don't want to use my credit card.

Thanks,
January
buy them online - from outside the US? Where How??
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
itzmeigh
Enthusiast
itzmeigh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I'll second Target. At my Target they are over right next to the reader display and they come in $25 and $50 choices. The gift cards was part of the reason I wanted a Sony. Then I found that here they charge you tax on the gift card and then again on the Sony site when I buy a book! I know for you it's different but it made more sense with me to just use my bank account or credit card then to buy a gift card.
itzmeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #7
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
This is off topic but I am a sony credit card holder and they have things you can use your points to purchase. Incuding gift cards for sony music. REALLY, music haven't they heard of iTunes. But your can not purchase Sony eBook credits.

Well I guess its a good thing I get most of my ebooks from anywhere BUT sony store since they went ePub.
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #8
JanuaryF
Connoisseur

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I ended up getting gift cards at Target, which was great.

itzmeigh - they didn't charge me tax on the gift cards.

Jan