Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Oh, I would love to have friends like that.... :gimme: :gimme:

The only thing that I abhor about the REB1200 is its 33 oz. weight!

It does make any kind of reading a chore, but I have become resolved to the fact that if I want colour support, huge (up to 50MB) ebook compatibility, internet-surfing and direct ebook downloading onto my reader, then I can live with a little discomfort. Mental note, got to visit the gym a little more often...
It was out of the blue and totally unexpected but much appreciated I tell you what!

The 1150 fits in carry-on bags and lunch boxes whereas the 1200 has more words per screen. I read at work so the lunch box thing is a plus for the 1150 and since I read around 1100 words a minute, guess which one I lean towards when power reading.

I'm listening to an audio book in the car, a different one on the MP3 player while at work and left to my own devices, and am reading three different novels on three different ereaders at the same time. And I've been diagnosed with ADD.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #17
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I think the EB 1150 would be fine for your son. I believe I'm the first one to suggest it in your original thread.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #18
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Like other people in this thread I once replaced my 1150 with another device and then had to purchase another one as my wife stole my original.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #19
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
you know the only thing i really wish the 1150 had?

True USB support were you could just plug it in and transfer stuff back and forth between the pc and reader.

well .. and maybe epub support =)
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #20
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
you know the only thing i really wish the 1150 had?

True USB support were you could just plug it in and transfer stuff back and forth between the pc and reader.

well .. and maybe epub support =)

Yeah epub support would be great!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #21
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I do miss epub support, USB connectivity, and most of all, Collections or Folders. I like to keep dozens of TBR books on my reader at any given time, and I tend to be in the mood for a certain genre when picking out things to read.

But I do think it'd be a great reader for a kid, or for an adult who doesn't care about those things.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:43 AM   #22
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I do miss epub support, USB connectivity, and most of all, Collections or Folders. I like to keep dozens of TBR books on my reader at any given time, and I tend to be in the mood for a certain genre when picking out things to read.

But I do think it'd be a great reader for a kid, or for an adult who doesn't care about those things.
You can sort the eBookshelf on the 1150 by categories.

I'm not sure about third party software but when using the eBookwise Librarian, you can assign categories. These can be anything you want. I have "Sci-Fi", "Novels" and "Short Stories" along with "I loved it", "Didn't like it" and "Not too bad". You can also create multiple bookshelves. You could create one for each genre or do as I do and have one for unread and one for read books.

Prior to reading, an ebook gets the appropriate category and after reading, it is changed to reflect my opinion.

While viewing the bookshelf on the 1150, tap the bookshelf and tick the box for "Show book categories".

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #23
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwickimom View Post
I really am toying w/ the idea of getting my son a reader for Christmas. I don't want to break the bank and I want it to be rather durable. He isn't horrible on his electronics but he is 11, you know. This reader looks great from a physical standpoint, but I really have zero intention of purchasing books from Fictionwise on a regular basis. How difficult is it to convert existing files to IMP, really? Is it going to tick me off and make me wish I would have just gotten the kid a PocketPro? I posted a question in the 'Which one should I buy?' thread and have gotten lots of great suggestions, but I wanted to come here to this forum and ask those of you who use this reader regularly for the real skinny on it, good and bad.

Thank you!
Rebecca
I bought the EB1150 for my 8yr. old daughter.

My take is the EB1150 is a great device, it is durable and very comfortable.
I've had it for a year now and the device has not given me any problems.

The backlighting is a god send for children. Most children read indoors or at night. My daughter likes to read before she goes to sleep, then tucks her reader under her pillow when shes done for the night. Even though its backlit the device last 15hrs on one charge and is readable in daylight

As for converting, it's quite easy. Nick has written some great tools to convert LIT and MOBI to IMP books. Also if you wish to forgo the whole conversion process you can buy books directly from ebookwise.com but the IMP DRM has not been cracked.

Since no device is perfect I'll also mention my biggest grip, they have very little memory and chose the SmartMedia solution for memory expansion. Those cards are expensive and fragile!

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote