Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Viewing .mobi files on Android phone

I've got a few .mobi and .epub books that I would like to read on my Android phone. The .mobi files don't work with Kindle 4 Android.

Any recommendations for a app that will allow me to view them?
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tome Keeper View Post
The .mobi files don't work with Kindle 4 Android.
Why won't they work with the Kindle app?
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Kindle app only allows you to read books that are in your Amazon account. Documents you send via the Kindle e-mail address to your Kindle are not viewable via the Android app.

These are fanfics that I have downloaded and converted to .mobi and wish to read on my phone.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
peegee
Enthusiast
peegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
My personal favorite is fbreader which reads both mobi and epub but this is the list you want http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70921
peegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
The Kindle app only allows you to read books that are in your Amazon account. Documents you send via the Kindle e-mail address to your Kindle are not viewable via the Android app.

These are fanfics that I have downloaded and converted to .mobi and wish to read on my phone.
You can place them in the Kindle folder on your phone via USB or using Dropbox and a file manager app and the Kindle app should read them just fine.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #6
Tome Keeper
Addict

AnemicOak: Thanks I didn't realise you could directly access the folder via USB.

AnemicOak and peegee: Thanks, I will play around with both and see which suits me.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Coolreader3 also supports mobi/prc.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
Tome Keeper
Addict

Thanks guys, I tried both Kindle and Cool Reader and couldn't seem to get the files to appear (I'm not tech savy when it comes to smartphones), but I did get FB reader working, using dropbox to transfer the files.

All sorted, thanks again everyone!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Thanks guys, I tried both Kindle and Cool Reader and couldn't seem to get the files to appear (I'm not tech savy when it comes to smartphones), but I did get FB reader working, using dropbox to transfer the files.

All sorted, thanks again everyone!
Glad you got something working. Haven't ever used Cool Reader, but I have read many non-Amazon mobi files with the Kindle app, simply by placing them in the /Kindle folder on my Android device's SD card. They then appear upon the next startup of the app.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote