Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #1
adv_dp_fan
Zealot
adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Sony 505, iPad 1 & 3, Galaxy Note 8.1
Extra page after cover in new iBooks

Been using the standard cover page code generated by Calibre and Sigil for cover pages and everything has been working just fine. Until iOS 8.0.2 on the iPad. Now all the books that were fine now have a blank page after the cover. So far the only way I've found to get rid of it is to make a cover that is just the image thrown up there with a basic img tag. But then I can't center the cover or anything else. Anyone working with iBooks know of a work around or heard of this?
adv_dp_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:55 AM   #2
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
If you're a developer, I'd suggest filing a bug report at bugreport.apple.com. The 8.0.2 release seems to have been a rather rushed update, and they probably just broke something.

I do remember problems with some cover art causing iTunes to fail to generate the covers, but that was a long time ago, and I thought it had been fixed a long time ago....
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
adv_dp_fan
Zealot
adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!

I use to be a developer for iOS but not any more. Which is why my copy of the iBookstore Asset Guide is ancient news these days (as in the days of the iPad 1). I guess at this point all I can do is try to ignore it and hope Apple fixes it in the upcoming 8.1 update.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:47 AM   #4
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by adv_dp_fan View Post
I use to be a developer for iOS but not any more. Which is why my copy of the iBookstore Asset Guide is ancient news these days (as in the days of the iPad 1). I guess at this point all I can do is try to ignore it and hope Apple fixes it in the upcoming 8.1 update.
You can file bugs with even the free developer accounts. There's no need to be a paid developer program member.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
adv_dp_fan
Zealot

As I suspected, it appears it was a bug in the iOS 8.0.2 version of iBooks. Updated to iOS 8.1 and now all the books are back to the way there were originally and working normally again.
Advert