Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
e-literacy
e-literacy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Calibre NYT News Fetch Problem

Up until very recently I have had no problems downloading news from the NYT. I have an account and pw so I have been using the recipe for an NYT subscription news fetch.

Recently (perhaps immediately after updating to the latest version of Calibre on the Mac), I have experienced problems when sending files to my Kindle DX. While Calibre does not report an error, multiple days of the NYT are not available. I believe that this is attributed some changes in the current NYT news fetch recipe. It does not seem to add the date of the newspaper to the title. This change seems that prohibits the Kindle DX from distinguishing between different days of the NYT.

If I am doing something wrong please inform me. Otherwise, how can I modify the current recipe so that the name includes the date?

Furthermore, as the current recipes for the NYT and many other papers only DL articles for the current day. Is there a way to DL back issues of the paper? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
e-literacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
e-literacy:
As of 0.6.46, calibre marks all recipe downloads as 'Subscription' to take advantage of the Kindle's automatic management of periodicals. Look in Subscriptions for the latest issue, and Periodicals:Back Issues for previous issues, up to 7. When there are more than 7 issues, the oldest is deleted. You can choose to keep individual issues.

If you'd rather not use the Kindle's automatic periodical management, you can modify the recipe to behave as it did before with the timefmt variable:
Code:
timefmt = ' [%d %b %Y]'
G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert