Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
cbnash
cbnash began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Help! Invalid Page Error

This morning I downloaded the latest issue of the New York Times (yesterdays
issue displayed with no problems). I clicked on it and received an error message
"Invalid Page". I reset the reader and received the same error. I then attached
the reader to my computer and could view the issue just fine in the Sony Reader software. I then unmounted the reader and received the same error on it. I tried downloading the same issue again to the reader but that didn't help. Now I'm totally stumped. Can anybody help? Thanks!

PS all other books and periodicals display without problems
cbnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi maybe this thread will be useful, maybe not from the calibre aspect but seems there have been issues with the NY times

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61224

Last edited by poshm; 01-25-2010 at 09:29 AM.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnash View Post
issue displayed with no problems). I clicked on it and received an error message
"Invalid Page". I reset the reader and received the same error. I then attached
the reader to my computer and could view the issue just fine in the Sony Reader software. I then unmounted the reader and received the same error on it. I tried downloading the same issue again to the reader but that didn't help. Now I'm totally stumped. Can anybody help? Thanks!

PS all other books and periodicals display without problems
Same thing here...

I was disappointed.
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissyfish View Post
Same thing here...

I was disappointed.
I am going to have to go a bit further as well. I bought the device, wanting to display PDFs nicely (I know it is a subjective thing), but I have to say, that although I think the 900 is a nicely designed unit, with great battery life (I also have a 505), and it is OK for reading novels and such, I am still at terribly frustrated at trying to display 8.5"x11" pdfs.

I am certainly not trying to complain, as I think the display is OK, though the touch screen adds to a glare I was unused to on my Irex Iliad, and previous sony 505.

I have to say, I am going to sadly return this unit, as it is just not doing the job I had hoped for. Though I heard that PDFs reflowed nicely, I still think it is too sloppy to unleash on my coworkers ( I am working on a paperless CMS system for various docs used).

I am now looking firmly to the Que/Ipad camp. All of this reflowing has never worked well enough for me, and I want it to just work. Apple will likely do this. (dons flame proof jacket).
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissyfish View Post

I am now looking firmly to the Que/Ipad camp. All of this reflowing has never worked well enough for me, and I want it to just work. Apple will likely do this. (dons flame proof jacket).
I respond without a blowtorch. I'm looking forward to the mystical Apple device on the horizon. If it lives up to the hype, I'll purchase one at the end of the year. I anticipate using that for PDFs as well. Would love to read my technology publications on it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Cure for Invalid Page Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnash View Post
"Invalid Page". I reset the reader and received the same error.
Delete all PDF files on your PRS 900. They clash with ePub files when synchronizing or downloading. Its a known bug to be fixed with the next firmware upgrade.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote