Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
etitameh
Enthusiast
etitameh doesn't litteretitameh doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
new kid on the ebook

sooo, after drooling over various readers for a while, i've got a kindle on its way to me as we speak. hopefully, it'll be arriving in the next day or 2, and i can start exploring it. at the moment, i'm occupying myself by downloading various freebies online, and stumbled across mobileread while searching for format-converting utilities. i get the feeling i'll be stopping in quite often as i try to learn more about ebooks, but may or may not be posting much... guess i just wanted to ring the doorbell and introduce myself to my new neighbors.

quick bio-notes: 30-year-old mom and student, living near denver colorado, working on a degree in psychology while observing my very own three-year-old case study. nearly always reading, often playing world of warcraft, trying to stay outta trouble when possible.
etitameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Welcome to MR and to the ebook world
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Welcome to the boards. Be sure to download MobileRead's MobiPocket Guide which will download the public domain books hosted here (and formatted by forum members). It works seamlessly with the Kindle's Whispernet.

To find it, go up the the blue bar, and click on "E-Books". The Guide is the 3rd link on the menu. It will download onto your computer and you can transfer it to your Kindle once it arrives.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello etitameh, enjoy your Kindle
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi etitameh and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like your Kindle when you get it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, etitameh.
Out of curiosity, why did you choose 'hematite' backwards as your username?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #7
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, etitameh. Enjoy the forums!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Welcome - am a Kindle newbie myself - just three weeks. Check out your library. Many offer online ebook services and with Igorsk's great scripts we can read them on the Kindle.

Cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Welcome to the forum, etitameh.
Out of curiosity, why did you choose 'hematite' backwards as your username?
I was going to ask the same question!

Hope you love your Kindle as much as I love mine!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
etitameh
Enthusiast
etitameh doesn't litteretitameh doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
hello, all! thanks for the warm welcome!

thanks for the pointer to the guide with public domain books, i'll get that right away. i also have some ebooks i'd already saved up -- like the freebies from tor.com. sadly, my kindle isn't here yet, but it *should* be here tomorrow, if the usps tracker is right.

as for my username, i've used etitameh for the past 10+ years. it's relatively unique, so i've never seen it taken on any forum, etc, before i got to it, and i originally chose it based on one of my favorite stones, both in looks and feel. it's become a pretty strong part of my identity by now, too, lol. plus, it's fun to see how many people pick up on its drawkcab-ness, and how quickly! i should have known a community of readers would be quicker than most.
etitameh is offline   Reply With Quote