Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Calibre added CSS

I prefer ReallyNo.2 with the second size setting and left justified as opposed to whatever the T1 uses as "original". So I added this to the common options:
Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: serif;
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/ReallyNo2LTW1G-Regular.otf);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/ReallyNo2LTW1G-Italic.otf);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/ReallyNo2LTW1G-Bold.otf);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/ReallyNo2LTW1G-BoldItalic.otf);
}

body { 
margin-left: 0em;
margin-right: 0em;
font-size: medium;
text-align: left;
}
First I put back ALL the defaults in the common options and then used it on a book "The Inquisitor's Apprentice" which has alot of embedded fonts, like "kind's handwriting", "grownup's handwriting", "signs" and so forth.

It almost worked perfectly! The fonts and formating were all retained(except body) and no more false or nonexisting italics.

But now the chapter titles are irritatingly highlighted! I wonder what I did wrong?
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
But now the chapter titles are irritatingly highlighted! I wonder what I did wrong?
Could it be that your chapter titles are hyperlinks, which always seem to be highlighted on the T1?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Could it be that your chapter titles are hyperlinks, which always seem to be highlighted on the T1?
Darnit! It appears you're right! Now that you've opened my blind eyes, I have found other books in my collection with that issue. With most of my books the TOC is highlighted but not the chapter titles.

I wonder if there is a way(using the common options of Calibre) to make the chapter-hyperlinks "one way". I don't need to tap a chapter title in the middle of a book to get back to the TOC and some ebooks have really fancy chapter titles that just look better unhighlighted.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Selective/partial removal of html anchor tags sounds a tall order for an automated process. There's always Calibre's Tweak epub option or Sigil if you want to remove them manually. A bit tedious, though.

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-29-2012 at 06:55 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
soseono
Connoisseur
soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.soseono can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle 4, Sony PRS-T1 (formerly PRS-500 & 505), iPad Air
You can easily un-highlight with css, without removing the actual a tags. Try this:

a:link { text-decoration:none; background-color:transparent; }
a:visited { text-decoration:none; background-color:transparent; }
a:hover { text-decoration:none; background-color:transparent; }
a:active { text-decoration:none; background-color:transparent; }

ps. Also, adding "!important" to the above might help overriding whatever other css settings.
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/cascade.html#important-rules

Last edited by soseono; 01-29-2012 at 09:08 PM.
soseono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
ousia
Enthusiast
ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by soseono View Post
You can easily un-highlight with css, without removing the actual a tags. Try this:

a:link { text-decoration:none; background-color:transparent; }
a:visited { text-decoration:none; background-color:transparent; }
a:hover { text-decoration:none; background-color:transparent; }
a:active { text-decoration:none; background-color:transparent; }

ps. Also, adding "!important" to the above might help overriding whatever other css settings.
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/cascade.html#important-rules
soseono,

many thanks for your reply.

I know your reply is more than 30 months old, but I would like to ask you: did your recommendation work on your device?

Sorry, but I’m afraid I cannot get it working on my Sony PRS-T1.

Many thanks again.
ousia is offline   Reply With Quote