Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
bwk
bwk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm getting more covers using an older version.

I'm using Calibre on a Windows 7 machine and use the GUI to fetch covers and metadata.

I've been using Version 0.7.40 to fetch my covers lately because the last few versions aren't able to to get many of them.

I just tried Version 0.7.44 today and I'm getting the same result as with the past few versions, Not Found errors.

When I try to get the cover for say 9780839825098 (The Lost worlds of 2001 by Arthur C. Clarke) it always succeeds with 0.7.40 and always fails with any of the more recent versions. There are a lot more examples, but I don't want to make this any longer than I have to.

Is anyone else having this problem? Basically can I ask some helpful soul to test this ISBN on their recent builds and see if this is happening on any other machines or operating systems?

Thanks.
bwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->plugins->cover download plugins and enter your user name and password for librarything in the library thing plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
bwk
bwk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for responding so quickly!

That worked. I had it in Metadata download plugins already, but obviously that wasn't enough. Again, thank-you for that quick, and useful, response.
bwk is offline   Reply With Quote